Blowing smoke

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Hi

I have noticed that after 2700rpm I get a funny mechanical sort of woosh noise. Quite a bit of dirty smoke out the back and some jerking. The car still accelerates and up to 2700rpm seems ok. Not lightning fast but seems ok.
I do have an engine light that seems to refer to glow plug in cylinder 4 so not sure if this is the cause. Think although probably not helping don't think it's the sole cause.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I assume its only just started doing that? I assume there are no other codes? Hard to narrow down something like that. Could be boost leak, diverted valve, maf.

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
Hard to say as I've only owned it about a week. There are no other codes. I did think maybe a boost leak but only under higher pressure maybe?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Get the codes read on VCDS and read some live data, could be a boost leak, a dodgy sensor, valve or actuator, even a bad remap.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's not as cheap... but your other options include a proper break down and clean at R-tech (if they do diesels). Or a walnut blast from Darkside Developments. But both would be more effective than a Terraclean.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.