blown turbo

damienm633

Hi everyone,im a newbie and ill get right to the point.My turbo blew last night on my 2000 toledo 1.9tdi se(110).Car is in garage now but machanic was to ring me today to tell me what type i need.apperently there is a 3 stud and 4 stud version.Would like to have the turbo sitting for him to fit on monday morning.Just wondering do any of you know what type i need.any help would be great thanks everyone.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Need more info than that, what are you on about? Exhaust downpipe? What's up with the turbo? Is it blown? Was oil peeing through the engine or out the exhaust or was the car just lacking poke? What engine? ASV?

damienm633

yeah the studs on the downpipe can come in 3 or 4 stud.Car is throwing clouds of blue smoke out of it and also i an oily smell coming from the car and no power with a horrible whinning noise?yeah its an asv engine and seems to be oil in aroung the intercooler pipe

Last edited by a moderator:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
3 on the vnt and 4 on the wastegate, that's the way I've always seen it so far. Yours is a vnt as the wastegate was only on some 90's.

It sound like the bearings have gone right enough though, some of the turbos are part of the manifold like on the ALH but not sure on the ASV or AHF which yours must be. Anyway can't your mechanic just count the studs on the turbo that's on the car?

damienm633

yeah he was supposed to let me know today so i could arrange to get the turbo but cant get a hold of him.but i think your right mate 3 stub seem to be the most common and the most exspensive lol.£200 pound of different in the 3 stud and 4 stud.Thanks for your help lad.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Sod that, why not get a vnt 17 from the PD 130/150 instead, might aswell if you're buying one anyway and it's future proofed for tuning later. Some bigger nozzles, a vnt 17 and a tune = 170 - 180 bhp :D

damienm633

Could i do that lad?would I have 2 do anything else to fit a bigger turbo?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise