blue smoke coming out of my 07 170 leon

Duntman170

Oct 15, 2013
Limavady, co londonderry
hello am new to this whole thing.. need help way my car I bought this car bought 2months ago, its a red 2007 fr 170bhp way 86000 miles, car had the recall done on injectors last year, the car is juttering and blue smoke is coming out of exhaust on idle, I went and got dpf removed and remapped out of brain, car stil doing it so I cleaned egr and blanked it and removed it from software, then it still didn't help so I tried a high pressure pump on today and no difference, any suggestions please!

car made 157.8bhp way 288fltb standard :confused:

Ben750

May 14, 2013
Pontefract, West Yorks.
Blue smoke is burning oil. On a turbo car it's often a sign the turbo is on it's way out. This would tie up with it being down on power.

Last edited:

bigben143

Jan 27, 2011
what do you mean by jutter, do the revs pick up slightly on there own and go back down?

bigben143

Jan 27, 2011
Ben is rite i would be looking at turbocharger, but this judder doesn't make sense...If turbocharger was in a real bad state then you would here whistling noises or no boost... so I would say this judder isn't related to turbo.

Also have you been checking your oil level to see how much oil you are losing?
And when this company took the DPF didn't they notice any wet around the turbine end of the turbo?

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
As I said, blue smoke is usually the car burning oil. I think if it was an injector you'd be seeing black smoke.

Diesel is an oil.

poor injector spray pattern or dribbling could cause blue smoke on tickover.

Or maybe the valve guide oil seals are worn and oil is getting through that way.

Ben750

May 14, 2013
Pontefract, West Yorks.
Yeah I agree, but it's usually lubricating oil that gives blue. Faulty injectors usually (in my, admittedly limited, experience) give black smoke. If it was me I'd be checking the turbo first to cross that off the list. Especially since the injectors were replaced last year. I know that doesn't make it impossible for them to be faulty but it is less likely. Oil seals are a good call. As Bigben mention I think there could be a couple of issues here.

This is a good guide.

Last edited:

Duntman170

Oct 15, 2013
Limavady, co londonderry
Wel car is boostin 100% and i had off pipe of turbo and its tight no play in shaft! Car is losing no oil aswell! Only thing i can do is get my injectors tested to see if one is poor! Will try get a video up for you's to see!

bigben143

Jan 27, 2011
blue-oil
black-fuel
white-water

Could have a flywheel issue and the blue smoke could be black and not blue lol

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
blue-oil
black-fuel
white-water

Could have a flywheel issue and the blue smoke could be black and not blue lol

Unburned diesel is white too. Since my remap I get white smoke on start up for a couple of minutes. Seems that most people do with a stage 2 dpf delete

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Unburned diesel is white too. Since my remap I get white smoke on start up for a couple of minutes. Seems that most people do with a stage 2 dpf delete

DPF delete causes some extra smoke of course and overfueling on idle does the rest. Blame the map :)

I get no smoke on idling at stg2

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
DPF delete causes some extra smoke of course and overfueling on idle does the rest. Blame the map :)

I get no smoke on idling at stg2

I only get it on idle when I first start it while the engine is cold. It all goes away after a minute or so. Do u not get any at all? :O very jealous haha

kennedyuk2001

Nov 11, 2013
White smoke for a minute on start up, would that not just be water vapour and condensation in your exhaust?

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
iv got the same problem on my car, iv got the dpf removed and on start up i get white smoke and its smells really bad, i did get the juttering but that went once i put a new egr gasget with a smaller hole.

iv taken my car to two seat dealer one said they dont know what it is and resorted the injectors, and i sent it to another seat dealer this week, and they said it could be because if the dpf being removed, but that dont make no sense to me. and i have no idea what it is and i feel your pain duntman 170.

oh i forgot to say i had my injector replaced 2years ago.......

Benatko84

Jan 6, 2015
Hi did anybody manage to sort this issue out? I'm having the same problem with mine and it's just failed it's MOT! I'm so frustrated with it I feel like burning it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.