Blue smoke on start up & changing gear...

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
I have searched, but found nothing conclusive on this issue....

When I first start my car from cold it chucks out a cloud of blue/whiteish smoke, and also does it when going from 1st to 2nd, and less so from 2nd to 3rd, with occasional large puffs on a trailing throttle. The problem seems to just about dissappear when the car is warmed through! The car is not using oil or water and seems to drive normally. It doesnt seem to be down on power either. It has been remapped, and chucks out the normal black sooty smoke when driven hard, the blue/whiteish stuff is only there when its cold!

Please can someone shed any light on this, be nice to know if its a simple problem or if something major is on its way out!

Cheers!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Mine started to do this about a month before the turbo failed.
Mine had also been remapped used very little oil and certainly no water loss.
Hope its not this in your case!
Glynn

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i have the same white smoke on start up/cold... plus when giving it some through the gears. however i cant tell what colour it is then :(

mines 45k standard bar piper decat

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Mine belches white smoke if I top up the oil any more than half way on dipstick- suspect the dipstick scale maybe inaccurate. Irritating as I like to ensure its full, although I check level every week so its unlikely to ever drop too low

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.