Bluetooth Audio Streaming - does it work for You?

• Thread starter Deleted member 55436
  • Start date

Deleted member 55436

I'd appreciate it if anyone who has bluetooth audio streaming working with the standard Ibiza Bluetooth kit could post:
1. What phone they are using
2. Model and manufacture date
3. Whether they had to do any configuration trickery to get it working.

I'm in a bit of an argument with Seat UK who (despite their compatibility list showing 'Audio Streaming' and the bluetooth kit showing as media capable on pairing) now seem to be telling me that the Ibiza is not capable of it.

TIA

Deleted member 35176

It isn't capable of it!
My phone when playing a sound says playing via bluetooth but the car doesnt pick it up!

Aug 3, 2011
Works fine for me- needs enabling in VAGCOM people just assume if people havnt done it it cant be done..
11 plate Cupra and Google Nexus One

Its poor quality though, very poor, not worth it to be honest. USB stick is where its at :)

SEAT told me I couldnt turn corner fogs off... They talk shite mate.

Adzy is it not working on yours?

Jay

Last edited:

Deleted member 55436

Works fine for me- needs enabling in VAGCOM people just assume if people havnt done it it cant be done..
11 plate Cupra and Google Nexus One

Its poor quality though, very poor, not worth it to be honest. USB stick is where its at :)

SEAT told me I couldnt turn corner fogs off... They talk shite mate.

Jay

Thank you Jay!

I'd quite happily turn mine off...(see this thread for why) - it's been an 18 month source of disagreement between Seat UK and me.. I've only been able to progress it further because the dealers have listened to me and I've personally tested the car with 6 different phones (including some listed with full compatibility), all of which exhibited the same behaviour.

My car's currently with the dealers (who've been brilliant) but Seat UK are denying that the car is bluetooth media capable and claim that their compatibility list's reference to "audio streaming" is nothing to do with bluetooth media.

I aim to either:
1. Have the kit fixed so that I can stream media (as advertised)
2. Switch off the media streaming option so that the car doesn't intercept my satnav voices.
3. Have the kit removed (with a refund) and buy a Parrot system for 1/3 the price.

PS. Kudos on the choice of phone from an ex-N1 owner. I'm on the Galaxy Nexus now after a brief (disastrous) flirtation with the Motorola Atrix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 3, 2011
My Bird(and about 19 friends) have the Samsung S2 but I feel just as happy and upto date with my Nexus.

I can video my car playing music if you want- stick that up seats Star hole see how they can deny it then! lol

Jay

Deleted member 55436

My Bird(and about 19 friends) have the Samsung S2 but I feel just as happy and upto date with my Nexus.

I can video my car playing music if you want- stick that up seats Star hole see how they can deny it then! lol

Jay

I might have to ask you for that down the line if you don't mind.
Can you recall the VAGCOM setting that was changed to enable it? Did your phone see the car as media capable before the change was made (but just not play the media)?

Deleted member 55436

The phone would just connect as a phone with no streaming capability, I cant remember entirely.

This may help you :)

http://ardana.homeip.net/vcds/Ibiza-6J-VCDS-options-EN.pdf

Jay

Excellent thanks.

Sounds like mine shipped with something switched on (but not properly) as I've always seen the media option regardless of which phone I've used.

If you do get the chance to grab a quick video, that would be awesome.
For now I'm going to fire that PDF off to my contact at the dealership..

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
On a similar topic, does anyone know at what level the Bluetooth is fitted? Seems to be some disagreement as to whether its built into the head unit or if its part of the stalk, which seems to differ for BT equipped Ibizas.

Squash man

May 6, 2011
Solihull
Thank you Jay!

2. Switch off the media streaming option so that the car doesn't intercept my satnav voices.

This is a real pain in the butt. Incredibly annoying that every time I connect with BT my phone insists on connecting with media but plays nothing ie satnav goes quite :(. Even turning the media option off on my phone has little effect with the phone (Samsung Galaxy) determined to connect through this method :shrug:

Last edited:

Deleted member 55436

This is a real pain in the butt. Incredibly annoying that every time I connect with BT my phone insist on connecting with media but plays nothing ie satnav goes quite :(. Even turning the media option off on my phone has little effect with the phone (Samsung Galaxy) determined to connect through this method :shrug:

Stay tuned to this thread. My dealership guy has found the setting in the (non-VAGCOM) software to switch streaming on. I'm heading over there after work tomorrow to test things out. If it works I'm going to make sure I get a full "how to" and will post it here

Deleted member 55436

Well..

I've just driven back from the dealership listening to my iPod, with the satnav instructions played over the stereo

He's done it!!! Nearly 18 months of being misunderstood and ignored by Seat UK, being brushed off by their technical department and one guy at my local dealership has solved the problem for me by spending his lunchtime yesterday playing with the settings in the configuration software!!

He's told me that there was an 'Audio Streaming' setting that can be found in the 'Plain Text Settings' under the Adaptive configuration menu (when plugged in at the dealership).

I've asked him to email me the full details and will of course post them here when I get them..

A few bits of info for other interested parties.

My car is a 2010 FR manufactured in July 2010.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, although I expect this to work with any phone supporting bluetooth media streaming.

The behaviour before the change:
Car would always pair as media capable with the phone (approx. 30 seconds after the initial pairing.
Media streams from the phone would divert to the car, but never be played.
Unchecking 'Media Audio' option for the car under bluetooth settings on the phone would not be remembered between connections, and often had to be toggled repeatedly to break the media link between car & phone.

Behaviour after the change
'Media Audio' setting on the phone is remembered between connections until the phone bluetooth is disabled.
Media streams from the phone override any media being played in the car (iPod, Radio, etc).
Media volume etc when streaming must be controlled from the phone - the car stereo controls do not respond whilst bluetooth media is streaming.
NB: my guy spent quite a bit of time checking that this was the case, and my brief testing backs up his findings

In practice, what this means for me is that I can drive listening to my iPod (which lives in the car) and will not miss any spoken satnav instructions from the phone. This is EXACTLY what I wanted and I'm seriously pleased. I spent quite sometime talking to the manager of the dealership this afternoon making sure he understood how impressed I was with my contact's efforts on my behalf.
I'm also thoroughly looking forward to my conversation with Seat UK tomorrow morning :whistle: I cannot believe that they know so little about the software and cars that that bear their name.

Hopefully will get the full setting details from the dealership either today or tomorrow; I want them myself to stash away in case my settings get wiped at any point in the future. I will post them here once received.

So happy :funk: my only daily irritant with my car is finally gone..

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Mine works fine with my iphone4 but only after the Bluetooth module was replaced. It went faulty 2 weeks after buying my car new in June last year

PRATTY

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise