Bluetooth Pack / MFD

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
I am probably going to get a new Leon and would like to specify the Bluetooth Pack - am I correct in thinking that brings with it the MFD (larger trip computer display)? If so, can anyone advise what this offers that the standard one does not? I can't find any info on it on the net so any thoughts would be great! Thanks :)

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Yes it does give you the larger MFA display. The upside is that you can have more pieces of info on screen at the same time than the standard display, (ie; temp + av speed etc) You also get the cruise & low washer fluid lights from what I gather, and a bit more information about whatever warning the MFA is trying to tell you.
I only have the normal one, and to be honest it's fine, like all trip computers the novelty wears off after a couple of months anyway! One thing is that the fuel and temp dials are pushed off to the side of the pod to make room for the screen.
I can't speak for the factory bluetooth pack but I have the Parrot one installed on my car and Bluetooth car kits are definitely the way to go, the fact that you don't have to remember to plug your phone in, (or even take it out of your pocket) means it's always ready which is a big plus.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I would of got the bluetooth just for the larger display for things like cruise control display.

hibitdat

Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Thanks guys. Both my previous Cordoba and current Altea have the standard display - think I will got for the upgrade as long as it doesn't push back delivery times too much (thinking FR!)

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
If I was ordering from new then I would have ordered the Bluetooth pack (and heated seats) but the fact that my part-ex needed a major £500 service if I kept it, and the dealer offered me nearly £1500 off a car in stock meant that it would have been daft for me to order a car from scratch !

If you don't get factory Bluetooth it's not the end of the world, the Parrot kits are excellent, updatable through your laptop Bluetooth connection, and cost less than the factory option installed anyway.

ghostface

I have the bluetooth car kit and MP3 option.....ITS THE WAY FOWARD

Havent looked back!!!!

hibitdat

Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
If anyone with the Bluetooth/MFD option on a Leon has a second please could they post a quick overview of the features it has and what it allows you to do - I understand that it lets you make calls and (on some phones) browse your phone contacts so presumably the car has a microphone? A quick rundown of the features would be really useful!

thjensen

Hi Hibitdat,

Assuming that your phone is fully compatible (I have a SE K750i it works perfect), you'll be able to browse your phone book, missed calls, accepted calls and one more mlist that I can't remember.
Another great feature is the voice dial, that allows you to dial a phone number that is not in your phone book or in one of the other lists, by saying DIAL NUMBER, then speak out one digit at a time, ending with a DIAL. - true hands free ;-)

And yes the car has a microphone near the map/reading lamps.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
leonlad said:
does the mp3 track names show up on the mfd display ?
No track and album names don’t show up on the mfd display but they show up on the CD players display in a scrolling fashion.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
s22jcd said:

No track and album names don’t show up on the mfd display but they show up on the CD players display in a scrolling fashion.

im sure i read it somewhere that it does , do you have the full size mfd ?

hibitdat

Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Re the track name display, that's a shame - my mate has a nice A4 1.8T Sport and the MFD on that does display things like the current Radio station (RDS name) and track info...

thjensen

Hi guys,

Track names, current radio station aso will be shown in the MFD if you choose "Audio" in the MFD setup menu. You access that by pressing and holding the up or down key at the end of the whiper stick (the same keys you use when switching between milage, driving time aso).

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I had a go this morning and the MFD was saying:

Track 1
CD 1

MP3

But the track names and CD name was displaying correctly on the CD player screen.
:think:

thjensen

Thats strange. I havn't tried it with mp3, but i asumed it showed tracknames for mp3, when it works for regular cds with track names.
I will try it later today.