Bluetooth Pack - voice recognition

InvisibleName

Candy White Bocanegra
Jun 28, 2005
Peterborough
I've just got my new FR TDi with the Bluetooth Pack fitted. It has a really useful feature for voice activated dialling - if only it would let me save the numbers! It seems to understand everything I say except the 'STORE' command which is interpreted as 'STAR'. Anyone else having problems???

dchbrown

Feb 17, 2006
South Coast
oh yeah!!

it took me at least 10 minutes of pronounsing "store" with various accents before it accepted the command!

Ive found that if you say it through almost gritted teeth it works best lol

just try not to scare whoever is in the car when you do it!

mikejsing

Not having problems storing names but it can't handle more than 4 didgits at a time when reading out a number - although i think i read a quick stop at the dealer for an upgrade solves this

Max Wild

If I pause at all when entering a number it reads it back to me before I can enter any more numbers, however if I read the whole number without a break at all, it does work - quite hard to do as I seem to naturally pause between the area code and the rest of the number and if you do that you have missed your chance!

Car is only a week old, so if there is an update I guess I have it!

InvisibleName

Candy White Bocanegra
Jun 28, 2005
Peterborough
I can get it to recognise all the commands and numbers - it's just the word 'STORE' which is interpreted as 'STAR' every time. I've given up for the moment, but will be having a word with the garage soon!

richpaul

The trick is not to use the word STORE, I use SAVE NUMBER instead, works everytime. The two commands are interchangable.

Max Wild

Ditto - tried 'Save Number' and it works great thanks. Also - noticed you can use 'Correction' instead of 'Back' which cancels the last block of numbers entered if you make a mistake.

Much better!

djorkaeff

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! save number!!! u're our hero!!! =))))))