Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
I've not had success with the Nokia 6230, the car wont read the phone's contacts regardless of whether they are on the SIM card or on the phone, i did have success with the older 6310i however the size of that phone put me off.

I've today got a Sony Ericsson K750i and it works fine with the car

Next week i've got a nokia 6230i coming and will give feedback on how that performs.

Can we please keep this thread going and add to it our experiences of phones and compatibility?

Code:
[B]Make / Model----------------Basic bluetooth / Contacts readable[/B]

Nokia 6230----------------------------YES------------------------NO
Nokia 6230i---------------------------YES.-----------------------YES
Nokia 6310i---------------------------YES------------------------YES
Nokia 6600----------------------------YES------------------------NO
Samsung D500 latest firmware: ---------YES-----------------------NO
SonyEricsson K750i--------------------YES-----------------------YES

Last edited:

jamez

Samsung D500 latest firmware: ---------Yes-----------------------No

richardh

Mar 24, 2005
Does anyone out there have a Sony-Ericson T630 (or T610) working properly with the Altea/Toledo BT function? If so do you know the firmware version of the phone (mine's R6C005).

Thanks

Norway

Does anyone have a SonyEricsson P900 and have tested this with the BT?

I'm waiting for my 2006 2.0 TDI Sport DSG with BT. Ordered it two weeks ago and leasing company says it won't be ready until early October. Can't wait to get rid of W plate Leon 110TDI SE!!

dabe

I'm pretty certain that the UIQ P910/P900/P800 will work as basic bluetooth as it supports bluetooth headsets, but the onboard phone book and stuff is a no-go. The bluetooth on the UIQ smartphones are abysmal, they do hardly anything!!! but still basic bluetooth would be good enough for me (my dealer is yet to quote how much it will cost to retro fit it...)

p.s. I have a P910i btw! awesome phone! Looking at getting ahold of acopy of Route 66 Mobile 2006! looks awesome!

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
At last i've checked the 6230i and i'm pleased to say that it works fine with the Seat Altea BT kit :)

I've also discovered a way of navigating the phonebook - it may be in the manual, but i didn;t read it on first glance.....

....If you press and hold the down button on the MF stalk the phone book skips from A to B, from B to C etc - quicker than going through each entry one by one. :)

Hagar

Nokia 6600 BT Yes/ PhonebookNo

Collected my 2.0TDI Sport with BT last week and a new Nokia 6600. Both the Seat web site and the dealer were wrong, the phonebook is not compatable. Not a good start. I wonder if the customer service people at BT will help, untill then it's back to my old 6310i

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
Cheers for the update on the 6230i, looks like i'll be changing my 6230 for one. Going off the subject a little bit, but sort of related, does the MP3 player support WMA files also? I've got about 8Gb of music on my PC most of which is WMA and i really can't be bothered to change them. Although if not it might fill the time until the red beastie arrives.
Ta

Rich

richardh

Mar 24, 2005
Update on my T630 and the Altea BT kit. I am told by SEAT customer services that a new BT software update has been released by SEAT that addresses some known issues (hopefully mine included!). The car is booked in next week for the upgrade. Here's hoping....

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
sounds promising Richard - is there any way of determining the "version" that is on the car i wonder?

My car is still awaiting to go back to the dealers to get some niggles sorted out, i'll ask them if they can update mine too - hopefully it will stop the bugs i get with the BT :)

ladydriver

I tried a K750i yesterday and it worked perfectly, my Nokia 6230 works but no phone book which is a pain. I have requested a K750i so I will have to wait to see whether the boss thinks I'm worth the investment!

ladydriver

ladydriver said:
I will have to wait to see whether the boss thinks I'm worth the investment!

UPDATE 4th August

I just got the Purchase order for my new phone woo hoo......it will be here on Monday...........

richardh

Mar 24, 2005
Update on the BT software upgrade. Not sure whether it's just me but just like the last time I had a s/w upgrade (to fix the stalling problem, resulting in my car being off the road for a week!) it's all gone "Pete Tong" yet again.

The update didn't apply properly and I've now lost all BT functionality. I'm assured SEAT's technical boffins are or the case - we'll see (more next week)....

ladydriver

Help my K750i isn't working with the BT kit....

I've got the new phone Sony Ericson K750i, it isn't connecting properly with the car....very frustrating. It starts to load the phone book, gets to 193 then hangs, when a call comes in it doesn't seem to transfer the sound properly.Any ideas anyone???

ladydriver

So now I have a Sony Ericsson K700i which works fine with the BT but the battery life is abysmal, it only lasts about 6 hours with minimal use, I think I am just unlucky with phones! I am going to request a new battery and hope that cures the problem....or does BT really take so much power?

ladydriver

I have managed to get my Nokia 6230 transferring numbers etc, it only works with the numbers on the SIM but until I sort out the SE phone issues it's fine!

RAF

Does any one know if I can have a Bluetooth kit fitted or is it a add on when originally purchasing the car...???

ladydriver

If anyone is interested Seat sent a technician up to sunny Lancashire to upgrade my BT software on my car...now I get phonebook, missed calls, received calls etc which I never had before. They have also turned up the volume on the mike so people can hear me without me shouting at them.

Wouldn't it be great if Seat had a book with some decent information about how to use the BT kit with the phone?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.