Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Well I never did manage to get a Nokia 6680 to download the phonebook to the car bluetooth system, although the connexion to car was around 98% reliable.
However, today I just got a Nokia 6280 rom Vodaone on a free upgrade.
This evening I paired it with my car bluetooth and would you believe it? - it downloaded all 109 SIM contacts into the car system, so now I have all my contacts on the steering wheel selection control:happy: :happy:

Firmware version is V 03.60 10-02-06 RM-78

John.

ALTE4

6230i

Hello everyone!

I have a Nokia 6230i that I cannot get to work with my Altea.. Software version is 3.70. A lot of you have positive experiences with this phone, so I am beginning to suspect this might be because I have a scandinavian version or something..? What happens is the "Loading Phonebook" is displayed for :whistle: too long, in my opinion :) Last time I tried I waited for 12 minutes.. then I open and close the driver door and the display now shows "no phonebook".

What I noticed was a "dotted" line on the bottom of the display:

phonebook
_ _ _

Is it supposed to display the number of loaded entries as it goes? What is the normal loading time? What happens if you open the door while loading? ;)

My phonebook has 200 contacts, most of them stored with details such as addresses and different phone numbers.

Cheers!

-Filip

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
ALTE4 said:
Hello everyone!

I have a Nokia 6230i that I cannot get to work with my Altea.. Software version is 3.70. A lot of you have positive experiences with this phone, so I am beginning to suspect this might be because I have a scandinavian version or something..? What happens is the "Loading Phonebook" is displayed for :whistle: too long, in my opinion :) Last time I tried I waited for 12 minutes.. then I open and close the driver door and the display now shows "no phonebook".

What I noticed was a "dotted" line on the bottom of the display:

phonebook
_ _ _

Is it supposed to display the number of loaded entries as it goes? What is the normal loading time? What happens if you open the door while loading? ;)

My phonebook has 200 contacts, most of them stored with details such as addresses and different phone numbers.

Cheers!

-Filip
Hi Filip,
I think (or hope!) you gave me the answer in the last line of your posting.
It is my understanding that the B.T kit will only download the SIM card stored contacts, so if your contacts are only in the phone, then they will not be transferred.
I always store my contacts on SIM only, but themn it means you can't have multiple no.s & addresses for a contact.
I only managed to download the contacts from my new Nokia 6280, but can't remember exactly what it displayed when it happened!
Hope that helps!
Cheers,
John.

ALTE4

Hello John!

Of course, why didn't I think of that.. Thanks for the tip! I'll copy my VIP contacts to the SIM card and tell you how it went ;)

Cheers,
Filip

hydebear

Bear By Inclination
Jun 4, 2003
Hyde, Cheshire
Visit site
A few more models...

Just to keep the thread alive and the list up to date (ish!)

Nokia 6820 - connects and downloads contact
RIM Blackberry 7280 - connects but doesn't download contacts
Nokia 6680 - connects but doesn't download contacts

MSV User

_Steve said:
I've today got a Sony Ericsson K750i and it works fine with the car

Well thats good...Sony Ericsson is notoriously bad at interacting with BT....my last SE (a 910i) kept dropping the BT device it was supposedly joined/paired with!

Currently using a Motorola V3x that once paired, automatically detects the BT device when it is activated.

Ade

martsch

N70 with bluetooth

Hi,

I have a Nokia N70 and a Seat Altea with the bluetooth carkit. Previously I had a Nokia 6230 which worked fine. But my Nokia N70 gives problems. When I enter the car the phone connects, so far so good. But when i try to call or when i receive a call the bluetooth connection between the phone and the car disconnects. So It doesnt work!

I already upgraded my phone with the latest firmware. No result.....

Any advice on this?

thanx!

MSV User

martsch said:
Hi,

I have a Nokia N70 and a Seat Altea with the bluetooth carkit. Previously I had a Nokia 6230 which worked fine. But my Nokia N70 gives problems. When I enter the car the phone connects, so far so good. But when i try to call or when i receive a call the bluetooth connection between the phone and the car disconnects. So It doesnt work!

I already upgraded my phone with the latest firmware. No result.....

Any advice on this?

thanx!

Other than deleting the pairing and rediscovering - no sorry can't help. Have you tried contacting Nokia (http://www.nokia.com) or try the Symbian users site - http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/ - there is also an S60 site (S60 is the OS of the phone) http://www.s60.com/life.

Ade

paxman21

Anyone tried the Sony Ericcson W810i?

And the Nokia 6280 is a yes....yes correct?

Cheers Pax

Mickey690

paxman21 said:

Cheers Pax

Just got my Altea and my W800i works perfectly with full phone book. Updated the software about 3 weeks ago. Assume it will be the same for the W810i as it's almost the same phone just a bit different looking.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
paxman21 said:

Cheers Pax

Nokia 6280 is fully fuctional - pairing and loading phonebook straight away.

Tried the Nokia E60 - pairs OK but no phoebook download.
This may be a trait of Symbian based phones, as the 6680 would not download phonebook either.

Cheers,
John.

MSV User

Jaytee said:
Nokia 6280 is fully fuctional - pairing and loading phonebook straight away.

Tried the Nokia E60 - pairs OK but no phoebook download.
This may be a trait of Symbian based phones, as the 6680 would not download phonebook either.

Cheers,
John.

John,

Have you tried checking with the Symbian users site....http://www.allaboutsymbian.com to see if there is any help with this issue?

Ade

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Anyone know if you can pair more than one phone with the Seat BT?
Obviously not at the same time but for instance when partner drives car (dangerous i know!) with her phone.
The Parrot BT kit does and i don't want to give up this function if i order new car with BT.

Cheers

Paul

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
You can certainly pair more than two phones on the BT. I regularly change between my work and personal phones, and even the missus has her phone paired.

Rich

Mickey690

I've got 2 phones paired with mine. The only problem I have is if the wife has been driving on a saturday and then we go out on the sunday it searches for the last phone it was paired with first so i have to get her to disconnect and then connect mine. Not a real problem just slightly annoying.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Mickey690 said:
I've got 2 phones paired with mine. The only problem I have is if the wife has been driving on a saturday and then we go out on the sunday it searches for the last phone it was paired with first so i have to get her to disconnect and then connect mine. Not a real problem just slightly annoying.

Cheers guys.

Parrot BT is same so used to that inconvenience.

Paul

ALTE4

ALTE4 said:
I'll copy my VIP contacts to the SIM card and tell you how it went ;)

Just an update: I got my Altea, but no luck connecting to the car at all! Somewhere between the test drive and the deal itself, the BT stopped working.. A Seat-Tech told me the BT-chip has to be replaced (eh?). Anyways, it is still covered by warranty, so why not replace as much as possible.. ;)

I'll give the K608 a go too, as soon as I get the car fixed.

Cheers,

Filip

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
I realise i started this thread a while ago and haven't kept the list of phones that work / don't work up to date. Sorry for that.

.....but i think the major problem with BT and the Altea isn't the phone, its the car. I had lots of problems with Nokia 6230, nokia 6230i, SE k750, the only phone that would work was an ancient 6310. After complaining to Seat UK they took the car back to the dealers and replaced the BT unit to one of the later models, the performance difference is astounding....

..voice recognition works perfectly - before the seat lady voice got very confused with my voice, confusing 5's for dial's and other weird things, now i can give her a whole number - 11 digits at once and she patiently waits for a pause, then repeats the number back at me 100% - tell her "dial" and off she goes.

Pressing answer to an incoming call sometimes wouldn;t work.

The menu system is like the nokia now, press dial, i get last calls, phonebook, i think recieved calls, and might be missed calls, but its easier to go though the last calls to see the last 10 or so numbers and use them.

When you go to the phonebook, if you press and hold the down button on the wiper stalk the display jumps from a to b to c to d, in paragraph chunks, making it quicker to get to the S memories when you have 200 names and numbers - i can;t recall the previous software doing the same.

And the compatibilty with my 6230i has been faultless - ever since i got the car back from dealers it hasn't missed a call, gone wrong in any way, its made a stressful time with the car into a relaxing situation, knowing that calls can be answered, that numbers are recognised.

I dunno if there is a menu where the BT revision can be shown (probably only a vag-com type thing) - but i'd recco getting your bt upgraded by Seat if you have trouble.

Oh - and they moved the microphone from the passenger side of the light cluster to the drivers side whilst they were at it - not sure if its made a difference to my callers, but i've had no complaints.

hydebear

Bear By Inclination
Jun 4, 2003
Hyde, Cheshire
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck yet with a SE K800i (the one with the 3.2mp camera)? Just got mine - it drops the pairing all the time (then reconnects itself) and won't load any data (contacts, last numbers etc)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.