Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Mickey690

Has anyone had any luck yet with a SE K800i (the one with the 3.2mp camera)? Just got mine - it drops the pairing all the time (then reconnects itself) and won't load any data (contacts, last numbers etc)

Got the same phone and it does exactly the same. I have sent the phone back for other reasons and should get a new one tomorow.

The phone stayed paired for the first trip (just over an hour) then it kept dropping. I wondered if it was because I had been playing with the bluetooth in the office and pairing it with my laptop.

I will have a go with the new one and let you know if i get it working

hydebear

Bear By Inclination
Jun 4, 2003
Hyde, Cheshire
Visit site
Se K800i Update

Seemingly it now works (well so far....)

My phone seems to have a very stable connection to the car, and the phonebook /last calls etc, downloads successfully. Much better than before when it connected and disconnected every 10 seconds.

However the ONLY things I have done are:

• Changed the homescreen to a static image from the animated ones
  • Checked via the SE upgrade tool that the phone has lastest firmware (which it had). However this necessitated taking the battery out for a while and the whole process seemed to "hard" reset the phone (no settings were lost tho!)

So if you are having trouble try one of both of these - I'll keep seeing how long it stays connected for but I havent yet been in the car for more than an hour!

dkpodder

Hi hydebear.

Do You have an update on the K800i, now You have used it for some time ?

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Just to keep the thread alive and the list up to date (ish!)

Nokia 6820 - connects and downloads contact
RIM Blackberry 7280 - connects but doesn't download contacts
Nokia 6680 - connects but doesn't download contacts

To update, few more phone models to report on now:

Nokia E60 connects reliably but no phonebook download
Nokia E70 connects reliably but no phonebook download
Both of these phones are series 60 symbian, so I wonder if the phonebook download is a problem with this operating system - the S60 gets you to copy contacts from SIM to phone, then always uses phone contacts unless you select SIM for one time, so this may be why the phonebokk doesn't download to car BT?

Nokia 6233 connects reliably and phonebook downloads and updates 100%

Cheers,
John.

Mickey690

After getting another K800i It works fine 80% iof the time. It randomly drops it's connection. It seems to do it if the battery is low or if I have recntly paired with another device (not at the same time but say a few hours later or next day)

I have checked the software and got a static image. Sometimes it will work in the morning but not on the way home in the afternoon.

Might contact Seat to see it there is any new software for the BT unit as it is such a new phone there may be.

SIMDION

Jaytee which version of bluetooth do you have and Nokia 6233 is working properly?

hydebear

Bear By Inclination
Jun 4, 2003
Hyde, Cheshire
Visit site
K800i - It's still a bit odd - I get rock solid connections between car and phone until I use it. If I make or receive a call then the connection after becomes flaky and it takes a random time for the connection to become solid again (turning car, phone off and on makes no difference).

I'm going to pursuade the dealer to update the s/w on the bluetooth box next time its in....

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
K800i - It's still a bit odd - I get rock solid connections between car and phone until I use it. If I make or receive a call then the connection after becomes flaky and it takes a random time for the connection to become solid again (turning car, phone off and on makes no difference).

I'm going to pursuade the dealer to update the s/w on the bluetooth box next time its in....

This is the same problem that the P990i has & not just Seat bluetooth but also on a 2006 Jag XK system!!

John.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Jaytee which version of bluetooth do you have and Nokia 6233 is working properly?
Hi SIMDION,
Not sure on version of bluetooth you mean - I have 2005 spec Toledo with no s/w update so far - is it possibl;e to check Seat BT s/w version?
I can confirm that both Nokia 6280 and 6233 work reliable connection and phonebook download. :)

John.

polo

Moto V3

I have a motorola V3. Works perfectly with BT kit. Synch's with phones memory not the SIM which I prefer. Never dropped a call.

Only two problems, firstly it flattens the phone battery within 5 hours from a full charge. Secondly, can't get it to recognise 'STORE' in my geordie accent.

I am looking at getting a Samsung SGH-X820. Anyone know if this is compatible?

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I have a motorola V3. Works perfectly with BT kit. Synch's with phones memory not the SIM which I prefer. Never dropped a call.

Only two problems, firstly it flattens the phone battery within 5 hours from a full charge. Secondly, can't get it to recognise 'STORE' in my geordie accent.

I am looking at getting a Samsung SGH-X820. Anyone know if this is compatible?
Try "store name" or "store number", it didn't like my accent either but dealer told me to use one of the prementioned, works a treat!

rclarke

I just thought I would share my experiences of the factory fit Bluetooth option in my new Leon FR.

My first phone was a Nokia 6021, it paired first time and downloaded the phonebook first time. The operation was faultless and all was well for a while. I then went and edited some of the contacts in the SIM, but the car never picked up the changes. This was not a huge problem, just annoying. I then changed phone to a Sony Ericsson K510i. Once again it paired first time and started to download the phonebook, but this time it stopped after approx 27 entries with 50 or so to go. No amount of disconnecting and reconnecting would get it to update properly therefore drastic action was required.

I went back to the Nokia, after deleting all the contacts on the SIM (I did make a backup to the phone first). At first there was no sign of change to the car phonebook, so I waited a couple of minutes and then went back into it and all entries were present and correct even though the SIM was now blank! Now I was thoroughly confused, so I copied all the entries back onto the SIM and put it into the Sony Ericsson. I made one change to a contact in an effort to track progress and connected it to the car. Once again the car phonebook for this phone was thorougly out of date, so I waited a couple of minutes and then went back into the phonebook and low and behold it was up to date (including the most recent change) once again. The moral of the story ... "bugger around enough and it may just work".

I have come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth firmware is a tad flaky, so just disconnecting and reconnecting does not help much once it has become "stuck". Try changing phones and try deleting the SIM contacts, it might just help. Once it works it is great, but it can be quite an effort.

Rod.

MSV User

Only two problems, firstly it flattens the phone battery within 5 hours from a full charge.

Get the extended battery from Motorola...they also provide three (coloured) backs - as the battery is a bit thinker than standard.

Ade

Mickey690

Ok after getting a new K800i it worked fine then all of a sudden was messing around again droping all the time.

Checked the phones software, made sure i didnt have an animated background.

Still no luck. Car went in for it's first service on monday. Asked them to check the firmware on the bt unit. The called me a few hours later to tell me I have an intermittent fault and they have ordered me a new one. It should have come in yesterday but they havn't called me to let me know yet. They have either removed or disconnected the fualty unit so I have no bt at the moment:(

As soon as it's replaced i'll post my findings.

polo

Try "store name" or "store number", it didn't like my accent either but dealer told me to use one of the prementioned, works a treat!

Cheers, I'll give it ago tonight.

Bought a SE K800i instead of the Samsung X820. As the SE can handle 2 BT connections simultaneously. One for the handsfree, another for my PDA/TomTom for traffic updates.

Unfortunately the SE keeps disconnecting from the handsfree every 20-30 minutes, then reconnects within about 30 seconds.

Any suggestions why it is doing this? (My V3 never disconnected all the time I had it)

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
@Mickey690 & @polo,

recently read a post in our german board about the same phenomenon:

intermittently disconnecting BT & the K800i / K610i

There seems to be a "workaround", as these BT-Boxes can't deal with large callers address lists in the mobile.

You'll have to clear those incoming calls lists (storage) and the connection should be constant then.

Give it a try and let us know if that works for you as well.

greets ... Klaus

polo

@Mickey690 & @polo,

recently read a post in our german board about the same phenomenon:

intermittently disconnecting BT & the K800i / K610i

There seems to be a "workaround", as these BT-Boxes can't deal with large callers address lists in the mobile.

You'll have to clear those incoming calls lists (storage) and the connection should be constant then.

Give it a try and let us know if that works for you as well.

greets ... Klaus

Problem is now worse. Phone connects and disconnects every 30 seconds. Only thing I have changed is a couple of contacts in the address book. And it is not picking up the changes I have made. I wonder if it is having problems downloading the address book, so disconnects. Tried changing the BT name of my phone, but it didn't pick it up as being a different phone.

My address book is quite small, about 200 numbers. But this is the 4th phone I have used, not sure if it stores contacts from previous phones.

Is there any way of resetting the BT car kit?

Klaus, my german is non existant, what is the fix you mentioned on the German site?

Mark.

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Problem is now worse. ... Only thing I have changed is a couple of contacts in the address book ... what is the fix you mentioned on the German site?

Mark.
Hi Mark,
sorry to hear that ... but maybe you got me wrong there:

it's the incoming calls list that needs to be cleared and not the address book.

And that's exactly the fix that was mentioned and confirmed in our board:
=> http://www.seat-forum.de/forum/showthread.php?p=199270#post199270

translates to:
the original bluetooth boxes apparently don't like extensive caller-lists, so give it a try and delete those caller-lists ...
(where I would translate "caller-list" = incoming calls) and the last post in this thread additionally not only states that it worked for his K800i but that he formerly had recognized missing (= none at all) entries in the "last calls" menu when running into trouble.

Hope it'll work for you as well .... as this is all the info I have.

Klaus

polo

Hi Mark,
sorry to hear that ... but maybe you got me wrong there:

it's the incoming calls list that needs to be cleared and not the address book.

And that's exactly the fix that was mentioned and confirmed in our board:
=> http://www.seat-forum.de/forum/showthread.php?p=199270#post199270

translates to:
(where I would translate "caller-list" = incoming calls) and the last post in this thread additionally not only states that it worked for his K800i but that he formerly had recognized missing (= none at all) entries in the "last calls" menu when running into trouble.

Hope it'll work for you as well .... as this is all the info I have.

Klaus

I just thought I would share my experiences of the factory fit Bluetooth option in my new Leon FR.

My first phone was a Nokia 6021, it paired first time and downloaded the phonebook first time. The operation was faultless and all was well for a while. I then went and edited some of the contacts in the SIM, but the car never picked up the changes. This was not a huge problem, just annoying. I then changed phone to a Sony Ericsson K510i. Once again it paired first time and started to download the phonebook, but this time it stopped after approx 27 entries with 50 or so to go. No amount of disconnecting and reconnecting would get it to update properly therefore drastic action was required.

I went back to the Nokia, after deleting all the contacts on the SIM (I did make a backup to the phone first). At first there was no sign of change to the car phonebook, so I waited a couple of minutes and then went back into it and all entries were present and correct even though the SIM was now blank! Now I was thoroughly confused, so I copied all the entries back onto the SIM and put it into the Sony Ericsson. I made one change to a contact in an effort to track progress and connected it to the car. Once again the car phonebook for this phone was thorougly out of date, so I waited a couple of minutes and then went back into the phonebook and low and behold it was up to date (including the most recent change) once again. The moral of the story ... "bugger around enough and it may just work".

I have come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth firmware is a tad flaky, so just disconnecting and reconnecting does not help much once it has become "stuck". Try changing phones and try deleting the SIM contacts, it might just help. Once it works it is great, but it can be quite an effort.

Rod.

Initially tried emptying all the caller lists as suggested by Klaus, but no change, K800i still connecting and disconnecting every 30 seconds.

Got it to work by messing around like Rod. It appears not to like changes to the contacts. If you can get it to perform a download like when they are initially paired it appears to work (well it has for more than an hour now).

I put my sim (no contacts) into a V3. The V3 paired, but BT still showed the K800i contacts!. Switched off the V3. Put a spare sim (no contacts) into the K800i. Switched on, but K800i not unlocked for network. Placed original sim back into K800i. phone went through part of the start-up wizard. Phone connected and started donloading contacts. Been working ever since, no disconnection.

Tonight I'll try modifying a contact and see if it starts to play up again.

Polo