Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Hubertus

Somebody said earlier that Nokia E70 works with the BT. I have this phone and at works once in a while. It is connecting to the system, but when I make a call or a call is coming in, the device disconnects itself. Any ideea why? What is the version of the software you have on your car? Or on the phone...

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Somebody said earlier that Nokia E70 works with the BT. I have this phone and at works once in a while. It is connecting to the system, but when I make a call or a call is coming in, the device disconnects itself. Any ideea why? What is the version of the software you have on your car? Or on the phone...

Hi Hubertus,
I am currently using a Nokia E70 with my Toledo (Altea) BT kit.
I have had no problem with maintaining a reliable connection, however, as I have previously mentioned, (as seems common to all Symbian smart phones), the phonebook download does not work, unlike the Series 40 phones tha I have used (6280, 6233).
My E70 firmware is the original and only version 1.0610.05.07 (30-05-06) - having said that it is the only version, I believe a new one has just been released, but it is cr*p and creates more problems than it fixes!!

Never checked the car BT s/w version - how do you do that? - never had it upgraded either.
Cheers,
John.

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
I just had a look at the Seat compatibility site as i'm looking to change my phone, I notced that at the bottom is says 'Valid for hands-free Control Unit Version: B 0060' .Does anybody know how to check this or is this something the dealer has to do. Also if an older model is installed is this a software change or hardware? Klawit any idea?

Cheers
Rich

Jul3s

I managed to get my Sony Ericsson working the first time i connected it, worked fine. Since then every 30 seconds it looses sync then re-connects.... over and over again, this is getting really annoying. reading here people have advised turning Power Saving off, but this has always been the case. I have spoken to my dealer but they gave me their usual response "bring it in and will try to take a look".
Does anyone on here have any ideas i can try as i am new to the idea of hands free car kits..... although the idea is fantastic :)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

ladydriver

Bit of an update, I am changing jobs and the ALTEA has to go back to the leasing company, but the new company will let me have a new one. Whilst checking out the current specs it transpires they no longer offer the BT it as an option on the ALTEA as they have had lot's of issues. Mine was booked in for a check as it keeps dropping the connection but as it's going I decided to cancel the appointment.

I will have to get a 3rd party solution for the new wheels.

n_olympios

greek member
Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Blue Tooth

I visited my local dealer with a view to having the software on my BT Toledo(Altea) 2007 updated to work with my Nokia N86 8Mp, but after checking they came to the conclusion that there was no update for the BT on my model of vehicle. When I first booked the car in they did not know what I was taking about. Has any of the members had any experience of having the softwear updated and if so who do I contact to get it done or advice that I can give to my dealer, Surely, there must be a way out of this problem without changing my phone. Cheers aggie

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
I visited my local dealer with a view to having the software on my BT Toledo(Altea) 2007 updated to work with my Nokia N86 8Mp, but after checking they came to the conclusion that there was no update for the BT on my model of vehicle. When I first booked the car in they did not know what I was taking about. Has any of the members had any experience of having the softwear updated and if so who do I contact to get it done or advice that I can give to my dealer, Surely, there must be a way out of this problem without changing my phone. Cheers aggie

I had the BT kit updated on my 55 reg (Dec 2005) Toledo in around 2007?
Atthat time I had to convinc e them that an update was available, they checked and then ordered it from SEAT.

John.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Jaytee, did they do it through the OBD? I'm interested as I no longer have the original HU in the car (but am still using the factory BT unit).

Hi n_olympios,

Yes, through the OBD port, just like any other diagnostic or firmware update of the vehicle.
Just be insistent that they:
a: check your existing version no.
b: check out what the current version is.

Your head unit change should not make any difference to the process, as far as I am aware.

Cheers,
John.