Bluetooth Radio - Is the Bluetooth built in ?

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Hi,

Just thinking about buying a double DIN DVD radio/CD/mp3 for my Ibiza. I can get the fascia etc, but i just wondered about taking the factory radio out. Mine is the BlueTooth radio, so is the bluetooth pack built inside the radio, or is it an "add-on" pack connected to the radio (out of the radio) ?

Also, if the radio is disconnected will it need a security code when it is fitted back into the car when i come to sell it ?

(Is it a standard allen key i'd need to get it out ?)

All the best,
Andy

Last edited:

product

Nov 6, 2007
In the new Ibiza, the only on-screen info on Bluetooth is on the radio fascia (not the trip computer). No idea if the system itself would stop working, but you would definitely lose any warning about who was calling you etc... :)

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
In the new Ibiza, the only on-screen info on Bluetooth is on the radio fascia (not the trip computer). No idea if the system itself would stop working, but you would definitely lose any warning about who was calling you etc... :)

Hi, i think i might not have been very clear there :confused:, that's not what i was asking. What i was basically asking is if i were to change the BT radio for my own radio, would there be a BlueTooth devide dangling inside there, or is the BT circuitry actually built into the radio itself ?

I know i would lost BT functionality when i take the factory radio out, but it doesn't matter because i would make sure that any radio i bought would have the BT facility anyway.
Best Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Ah right, so are all new Ibiza radios the same, just some have their BT facility enabled and the others don't ?. Or does the BlueTooth box/device have to be physically fitted to the it when people order it with BT ?

Regards,
Andy