1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Bonnet cable

Discussion in '(Archived) Ask for help with your car and FAQs' started by Alpresco, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Alpresco

Alpresco Active Member

Hi
    Have a seat Leon copa se tdi 1600. Major problem I have is bonnet will not release i have took internal lever off and pulled cable , seems fine with restriction. So catch seems to be the problem is there a simple way off releasing catch without damaging grill & car ? Thanks for your help.

2. Ben2019

Hi did u get this sorted I have the same problem with my ibiza and I stumped on what to do

3. Yern

Yern Active Member

Usually works (if the control cable is still in place) - get someone to gently press the bonnet up and down at the front centre whilst trying to release from inside. Don't press too hard it can leave dents.

4. Ben2019

Thank u I will have to try that I have done it but I didn't have any help to get the bonnet so I will have to ask a friend but thank u