Bonnet Sound proofing?

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
You could try using a water repellent spray similar to whats used on softop's if your worried about water .

will use it if I notice the problem in the future.

is that safe? In terms of being combustible (dont know if it is the right term in english)?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Your English is good!

I'd think that what was happening with certain Leons will not happen with Ibiza, I knew someone, that had a Leon 2 or 3 and he ended up with ignition problems, he booked his car into his local family owned SEAT garage only a few months after getting FOC work done on the cam chain area (1.2TSI 8V), only to find that there was a modification that SEAT had brought out to stop water flooding onto the ignition twin coil assembly - so they were authorised to carry out that work. SEAT would not pay for the now failed/faulty twin coil assembly or the corroded plug leads, which he, and I thought was completely wrong. Surely if SEAT accepted that the "cause" of this failure was their design error, then the resulting failures were "effect" and as these effects permanently damaged some parts, they should have been replaced FOC while applying this corrective modification.

Back to the topic! As TDI cars get this sound proofing, I'd think that it will be okay for your 1.4 16V, leaving it out would just be a way to save money at this end of the Ibiza range.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
fitted yesterday, if it has problems I will just remove it, but it is a shame as I loved the results.

mainly on high revs

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Does any one have sound proofing on the bonnet in the petrol versions, i found some info about sound proofing on the diesel versions but not on the petrol, here is the part number 6J0 863 831

some pics:
dmpfung.jpg

I have one in my garage.
Where do you live? I'm near to Uxbridge.
Bet you're a hundred miles or more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise