Bonnet Will Not Close?

EViS

I can't get my bonnet to fully close. It locks at the latch but will not lock all the way shut. This happened last time I opened the bonnet and adjusting the lock (by removing the seat grill) may have helped, although it didn't lock first time, it took a few pushes.

Now it will not lock at all again, what may be causing this?

EViS

Are you referring to the two stop at the front of the bonnet? The one's attached to the bonnet itself? If so then yes...

vngtx

check the release handle is all the way down as the bonnet cables stick.

EViS

sounds like youve dropped the latch too far down so the bonnet cant reach the lock part of the latch

I think this is the problem (again). However it doesn't seem to move up very much, maybe a couple of mm's. Does that sound right? I'll try to see if it moves up any more this time around, but odd if it has slipped down again...

seat-ollie

I had this on mine the other day. It wouldnt latch down fully.

I removed the bonnet catch and found that the arm which the bonnet cable sits in had seized causing it to not move to latch the bonnet.

I just sprayed it up with so wd40 and worked it until it became free again. It now works better than ever!

EViS

I had this on mine the other day. It wouldnt latch down fully.

I removed the bonnet catch and found that the arm which the bonnet cable sits in had seized causing it to not move to latch the bonnet.

I just sprayed it up with so wd40 and worked it until it became free again. It now works better than ever!

This is the problem I had, sprayed it with liquid grease and it worked. However now it's become stuck again and the bonnet refuses to close unless I manually move the arm with a small screwdriver. Would some thicker grease be alright to use on the catch?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise