matt l

Jan 28, 2008
I had a boost gauge fitted last week and it buzz's which i didnt realise it would when i got it.

anyway of stopping it from buzzing as tbh its quite annoying :lol:

edit: cars a pd100 btw

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
cheers :) ill pm awesomesarah :lol: and hope she knows what im on about cause im struggling to see :lol:

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Definitive answer needed (no buzz T piece fitting)

Hi me and the garage are confused on how this is fitted and awesome gti werent too sure either.

as it currently stands my gauge has the pipe from the gauge to the inlet manifold as that was the only place they could get a reading. and it isnt using the tpeice as they cant fit it in there.

but do they just cut the tube from the inlet to the gauge and plug the tpiece in leaving one part blowing out into the open (assume it doesnt as that would mean all the pressure would escape there)

or should the tpeice be used as the origainal pick up point?

any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The 'leg' of the tee has the restrictor in if you look. A line goes on there to your guage. The other two legs go into an existing vac line.

Otherwise, put it in the line to your guage, with one of the unrestricted legs fitted with a blocked off piece of hose.

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
so just cut the current pipe, stick it in and the peice with nothing on blank it off?

btw cheers to who ever merged the two threads :)

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
the blocked off one isnt going to randomly throw a hissy fit and flirt off is it:lol:

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
well... i got the no buzz tpeice fitted and.... it still buzze :( admittedly its not 'as' bad but it still does it :(

anyone got any more ideas?

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I heard that silicone tubing is not the best thing to use for boost gauges as it doesn't have good noise insulation properties. But I used it and I get no buzzing. Maybe the gauge itself has problems?

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Check that the pipe fitting is secure to the back of the gauge - i used a cable tie on mine.

cant get to the back of the gauge now :( its all siliconed in.

and kriso, the garage seem to think there is. the buzz now is mainly when it comes off boost, or boosts up really quick.