Boost gauge install

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
Hi, I need some help fitting a digital boost gauge on a Leon Cupra mk2. Basically where do the orange and white wires connect to? Does anyone have any photos at all? I want blue in the day and red at night. Thanks

Attachments

• F7C395DC-42E6-4B23-B1F3-6EE1446726F5.png
    F7C395DC-42E6-4B23-B1F3-6EE1446726F5.png
    1 MB · Views: 155

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
You should only need to fit the red and black for the gauge to work mate
orange is for the dimmer function so if you want that to work it needs to be wired to a source that comes on when the lights are dimmed

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
You should only need to fit the red and black for the gauge to work mate
orange is for the dimmer function so if you want that to work it needs to be wired to a source that comes on when the lights are dimmed
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yeah, I found out where the orange one goes haha. I’m just hoping someone knows how to connect the white wire as I think it goes to ignition

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yeah, I found out where the orange one goes haha. I’m just hoping someone knows how to connect the white wire as I think it goes to ignition

sorry mate yes white will go a ignition on source , red to constant 12v I’m assuming to save your settings on the gauge

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
sorry mate yes white will go a ignition on source , red to constant 12v I’m assuming to save your settings on the gauge
I’m struggling to find where to connect the white. Is it on the ignition loom? Or is there another way?

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
I’m struggling to find where to connect the white. Is it on the ignition loom? Or is there another way?

The way i fitted mine was using a piggy back fuse connector into the fuse box (side panel ) rather than tapping into the wiring mate , then used a multi-meter to find a ignition on source .
there are two types i think your after a cranking ignition that just wakes the boost gauge up ?

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
The way i fitted mine was using a piggy back fuse connector into the fuse box (side panel ) rather than tapping into the wiring mate , then used a multi-meter to find a ignition on source .
there are two types i think your after a cranking ignition that just wakes the boost gauge up ?
Ohhh so you piggybacked a certain fuse that when you turn ignition it becomes live?

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Ohhh so you piggybacked a certain fuse that when you turn ignition it becomes live?

I will take a pic of my setup tomorrow mate and what fuse I tapped into if you like ? , I also wired a resistor in so that the gauge match’s my dash lights at night (no blinding boost gauge when the suns gone down)

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
I will take a pic of my setup tomorrow mate and what fuse I tapped into if you like ? , I also wired a resistor in so that the gauge match’s my dash lights at night (no blinding boost gauge when the suns gone down)
Yes please mate that would be very helpful, thanks

Rylee

Sep 17, 2019
Did you take a photo mate? Thanks

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Did you take a photo mate? Thanks

Your fuse layout may be different to mine but this is how i have wired mine up mate
this was only to test different resistors , now the wiring is all head shrinked and insulated / connected properly i know it looks super bodge there haha

**sorry for the late reply by the way mate the weather was terrible over the weekend **

Reactions: Sharpy
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members