Boost gauge piping

DeanC93

GHZ 4168 #1 :P
Apr 10, 2013
Kilrea, Northern Ireland
Is there anywhere on my EGR valve/delete to pipe in a boost gauge? Or can I tee from that pipe that run from the top to the ECU or fuse box or whatever it is I haven't even looked lol I'm new to this TDi craic. It would be handier than drilling into my intercooler piping as it's not plastic it's stainless and would I have to weld in my fitting? I have my gauge mounted and wired in with my piping routed into the engine bay I just need to know what the easiest way of connecting it is.

s1322.photobucket.com/user/Dean_Catherwood/media/IMAG0228_zps7a676d88.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

s1322.photobucket.com/user/Dean_Catherwood/media/IMAG0227_zps60e22b32.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Can't post a link sorry :/

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Is there anywhere on my EGR valve/delete to pipe in a boost gauge? Or can I tee from that pipe that run from the top to the ECU or fuse box or whatever it is I haven't even looked lol I'm new to this TDi craic. It would be handier than drilling into my intercooler piping as it's not plastic it's stainless and would I have to weld in my fitting? I have my gauge mounted and wired in with my piping routed into the engine bay I just need to know what the easiest way of connecting it is.

s1322.photobucket.com/user/Dean_Catherwood/media/IMAG0228_zps7a676d88.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

s1322.photobucket.com/user/Dean_Catherwood/media/IMAG0227_zps60e22b32.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Can't post a link sorry :/

Most EGR delete plates do have a blocked out tap you can use.
If not, replace it with one from Darkside Developments

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
What's the pipe that comes from the top of the saucer like bit?

That's your pressure control valve.

EGR will be going into your intake manifold.
Should look like a diamond-ish shapes, 1/2 inch thick steel plate. What you're looking for is a hole with a screw in it. The idea is you take that screw out and put a tap in instead.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Okay, so can I tee into anything like that or are my only options to find this screw if there is one or drill into the intercooler piping?

Just had another check so deleted my previous post.

It doesn't look like there is a tap.

Can you not just still the 90 degree bend? That's a lot easier. And get a tap online. I paid 8 quid for one I think

Last edited:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
You're EGR delete pipe has a small 1/8NPT plug fitted into the main flange, just get a fitting to screw into this (use thread tape on the thread) and run a length of tubing from here to the location of your gauge

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise