Boost Problem LCR

james87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a MK1 LCR. And yesterday when I was driving to work and got on the dual carriage way to overtake I found the car would not boost. I can hear the turbo spooling but here is no boost. I am pretty sure the forge recirc valve I have is knackered as since I have owned the car when its in boost it sounds like a rattle snake!!?? I don't know if this is common or not? There is no noise coming from the turbo and no large clouds of smoke. Help????

I should also mention It has had a stage 1 map. I don't know if this helps?

james87uk

Sep 30, 2014
I am unsure of the boost hoses. I know the main one from the charge pipe to the turbo (Silicone pipe - which is quite worn) But what other pipes should I look at?

Clarkeez

May 27, 2014
Bedfordshire
James, follow the boost hoses that connect to your charge pipe all the way down and around to the intake manifold - checking at each connection to make sure nothing has come loose.

james87uk

Sep 30, 2014
brilliant I will do this tonight. I am also considered getting rid of my forge 007 as I think it is knackered. I am thinking of going for a standard DV. I have had a look on previous posts and someone recommended the following - part number 06A145710N. Will this still be the best part? And will it affect my map if I change the forge 007 for a standard DV?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.