Boost/turbo

CovFC87

Mar 29, 2019
I assume this is the boost gauge or something. Can anyone tell me exactly what the point of it is? It just gives me a percentage, is there any point to that information, does it actually tell me anything?
e8c5a114f4151e4ea1e1963e5ee9fdbd.jpg

Sent from my Razer using Tapatalk

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
If your right. It would be useful to know how much boost you have in that gear before it peaks and spikes again in each gear. Much more useful for manual/manual mode in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DazFahy

Jan 29, 2019
It's the throttle percentage, the harder you push the accelerator the higher the percentage.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I assume this is the boost gauge or something. Can anyone tell me exactly what the point of it is? It just gives me a percentage, is there any point to that information, does it actually tell me anything?

It’s your engine load. How much you are requiring in relation to your pedal pushing.

The boost gauge is within driving data shown on the information screen, can also show water temp, oil temp and power in Kw.

Reactions: KernelOkey and LouG

DazFahy

Jan 29, 2019
I doubt that. Look at the symbol.
When you press the accelerator the percentage increases, if you put your foot flat to the floor it hits 100 percent. When releasing the pedal it drops straight to zero. Also when using cc it will show the percentage to maintain the speed, when knocking off cc it also drops to zero. It was someone who owns a golf gti that told me as myself I was confused.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Moh

Mar 18, 2019

I'm more interested in the 49.2 MPG how have you achieved that. I drive like miss daisy and i only manage 38 MPG on a run.

Reactions: Phil13

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
When you press the accelerator the percentage increases, if you put your foot flat to the floor it hits 100 percent. When releasing the pedal it drops straight to zero. Also when using cc it will show the percentage to maintain the speed, when knocking off cc it also drops to zero. It was someone who owns a golf gti that told me as myself I was confused.
What relationship do you think throttle position has to engine load and power?
But, keep arguing, there's room on the pin for another angel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members