Boosting problems

Besty-FR

Jun 22, 2012
Essex
You can see from the log I posted the other day, it takes til 2500rpm to reach 1 bar, then 500rpm later it's at 2bar

Besty-FR

Jun 22, 2012
Essex
Changed my mind again! Decided to keep this turbo until I know it's definitely no good, got a vacuum pump on the way to test the actuator and set it correctly because I'm pretty sure fixing this one is easier than a turbo change!
Let me make sure I have this correct:

Stop screw is used to control the start position of the veins inside, controlling low end spool, winding it out (anti-clockwise) should improve low down response but winding it too far will have the opposite effect due to veins being open too far and the flow of air opposing the direction the compressor wheel is trying to spin? This is what I need to adjust to get the mbar difference when doing the basic settings 11 test? So theoretically winding it out should increase the difference, unless like I said, it's too far and then opposes the direction of spin.

Actuator is how fast the veins react and also controls boost (over boost and under boost), winding it anti-clockwise (making it shorter) will cause it to over boost because it will need more pressure to open the valve? It's what is displayed as the duty cycle and should be as close to 80% as possible when at 4000rpm (though I believe some are reversed meaning close to 20%)

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Ours aren't reversed only EDC16+ ECU and up are.

Correct except the actuator controls the boost by moving the veins to control constant boost.

Having the arm shorter will cause over boost as there isn't enough travel to open the veins again.

Other than that, you're right ;)