boot build

Jun 24, 2007
durham
My new mod did a boot build today still need the subs and amp but you get the idea
Picture033.jpg

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
cheap as pos not realy bothered about loudness just want it do look good do

I'm not wearing that, you filled your boot with boxes to fit some nice subs in, you might as well wake the neighbours up. :D

If your gonna do a job, do it properly :funk:

Ps not sure where your gonna put your weekly shopping though :whistle:

Just noticed you've got a boot light (jammy dodger)

Jun 24, 2007
durham
I'm not wearing that, you filled your boot with boxes to fit some nice subs in, you might as well wake the neighbours up. :D

If your gonna do a job, do it properly :funk:

Ps not sure where your gonna put your weekly shopping though :whistle:

Just noticed you've got a boot light (jammy dodger)

if i wasnt skint i would agree with you thought all the ibizas came with a boot light

Jun 24, 2007
durham
Hmm... you do know that the sub boxes dimensions play a big part as a whole on how the subs sound?

no i didnt no that but as i said iam going for looks rather than sound as long as it is slightly louder and doesnt rattle i will be happy how hard are the subs to wire up

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Cool.

They're not too bad... with wiring up a sub/amp you may struggle at first but the next time it's a doddle :)

Jun 24, 2007
durham
is there a need for amp if i am not going for a defening sound. and wanting cheap subs can you wire it straight of the back speakers i dont have a clue about the wiring

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
is there a need for amp if i am not going for a defening sound. and wanting cheap subs can you wire it straight of the back speakers i dont have a clue about the wiring

An amp is essential.

A headunit won't give enough power to power a sub.

MattBennett

Nov 14, 2005
You need an amp mate is what people are basically saying. They really arnt all that expensive.

Boot lights are an easy DIY mod, I have done it my self on my 05 Ibiza FR for about £10 and half an hours work

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
If you go into your local sound shop you will find that you can purchase the following speakers:-

Tweaters for use with higher frequencies.
Mid range for (well not worth saying as it's in the name)
Sub woofers for Low frequencies, ie Bass.

To seperate these out you need a crossover which is basically a coils of wire, with the number of turns of the wire varying the frequency of the sound (I remember some of that old electronic college woohoo)

See attached for details

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Audio/Crossovers/crossovers.html

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.