Boot CD Changer?

betty02

Hi guys, my mate has a 1.8T Ibiza Cupra, not sure what MK it is but it's same shape as this one (99%) sure..

resmoto.com/a_car/seat/opisy/ibiza/ibiza_cupra/seat_ibiza_cupra_01.jpg (Can't post links so will need all the w's at the fron!)

Now just come on here as he has asked me to have a search for a standard CD changer for his boot? He has the cables there (boot not glove box) and hasn't been able to find one that we are sure will fit.

Any info, links, product numbers, etc that will be a great help guys, better still anyone on here selling one that will fit straight in?

He got a alpine CD changer but been to 3 car shops who said they don't sell CD changer leads from Seat > Alpine?

As said any info will be great!

Much Appreciated
Simon

betty02

They that expensive for OEM stuff lol?

Will let him know though, will it defiantly fit in the boot fine?

Appreciated
Simon

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
thats pretty cheap considering most on ebay go for £100 odd

I was going to say, that is a cheap example. I don't know what it is about the standard CD changers but they do tend to go for more than aftermarket kit!

I really am guessing about fitting in the boot though. If you want to send me a picture of what connectors he has in the boot, I'll compare them to my glovebox changer and let you know if they are similar.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
if its mk3 ibiza its rca's and a sony lead which then goes to a converter to change the signal from digital to analogue for the OEM headunit to read.
The connector that goes to the back of the radio will be the same as the leon one but whether the unit can read the information is another story

betty02

Will this fit guys? (add all the WWW's)

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320482807345&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D320482807345%26_sacat%3D0%26_trksid%3Dp3286.m270.l1313%26_odkw%3D3204282807345%26_osacat%3D0%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
what you could do is this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-CDX-T69-...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item414ca2b6b8

then purchase the converter that adapts the audio signal and track info etc from digital to analogue

get up a pic of the headunit as i cant remember off the top of my head which is which.lol
then ill tell you which lead to get

EDIT: just noticed on the 1st post you said he has an alpine cd changer.is it ai net input or an 11 pin version?
scratch that can only find leads to attach to changer for ibiza's 01 onwards :(

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.