Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

boot handle badge

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by bubba, Oct 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bubba

bubba Active Member

like an idiot ive broken the badge on the boot of my ibiza the badge that opens the boot not the handle just the badge. is there a way to get this off? ive tryd searching but cant find anything

2. tom w

i think you have to replace the whole unit iirc sorry , in interest how? . the lock mech is held in with three nuts under the bootlid cover fairly easy to remove though

3. chrisbond69

chrisbond69 chris bond

ive stripped the whole thing down in the past you can buy a new unit from seat but its £££ as contains a lock and all, if you remove the s lock item you can use a punch to remove the shaft the holds the S badge heres the pin

[​IMG]

tap it through pull it out hey presto just be warned if i can remember it has springs on it so be careful when removing it

4. bubba

bubba Active Member

i managed to break the badge as i noticed a crack i pulled it and lo and behold it snappd. if i mange to get it off can i buy the badge on its own?
    is it easy to get thepin back in?

5. tom w

just a thought have you tried scrappies/ breakers yards for it ? no doubt the dealers will rape your wallet for it !

6. Cupra20

Yeah the pin comes out and goes back ok, just grease it up when you put it back in, i would have thought you should be able to buy it seperate yeah, if not scrappies as suggested.

7. bubba

bubba Active Member

thanks for your help all ive found the the handle and badge for sale off a leon cupra. do you think this will fit the ibiza im geussing they are the same?

8. chrisbond69

chrisbond69 chris bond

um not so sure about the leon bit but i know you cant buy the S seperately it comes as a new unit

9. redcupraboy

I have a spare one of these in my shed if you are interested ;)

10. bubba

bubba Active Member

really thats ace mate yes im intrested!