1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Boot Jammed Shut? Heres how to open it....

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza FAQ's (6K2) 2000-2002' started by PhilW, Jan 28, 2006.

1. clinch

clinch Guest

I have the opposite problem my boot keeps opening its self ! While driving. So i stop close it is fine takes a couple of attempts to close it then its fine. But then it wont open useing the handle then drive along again and it pops open again !? The only way can get in is by getting in the boot any ideas ?

2. jacko18

jacko18 AVI! pull your socks up!

how do you get the panel off to get at the boot mechanisism i have took the 2 screws out but i can see any more and been fighting with it for ages!

3. clinch

clinch Guest

i managed to sort mine turned out part of the handle had rusted bit of wd40 sorted

4. Fab_Fern

Fab_Fern Guest

There is 3 screws. two in the bulb gaps and one int he handle pull down bit. Then its still hard to get off as the clips on the inside are very tight.

Wish i'd seen this post before climbing int he boot and taking the plastic off. I reset it and then it was fine. Will try the easy option next time:(

5. AvoK95

AvoK95 Active Member

My boot got stuck shot because of the spoiler. What I did is, I pushed it in from the part it was getting stuck on, and it was fixed ever since :p

#25 AvoK95, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016