boot lock/keys question

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
ive done it so many times before, could be persuaded to go but dont want to snap key, which way you turn to unlock?does it turn before its pushed in to unlock too? lol

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Ive have both the keys for my car and both of them open the doors/boot and you are able to drive the car with either. So they both have the immobiliser chip in them.

The boot lock is a strange one, mine works fine with either keys. If the key hole is horizontal is will lock and unlock on the central locking. If the key hole is vertical the lock wont lock/unlock. To open you turn the key to the right, doesnt go completely flat, sits slightly angled, push the lock in and it should open.

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
my boot doest lock/unlock on the cental locking.... i have to use the key to open it and when i close it its locked then... is there a method of geting it to open on the central locking or is the motor nackerd? Also how much would a front passenger cental locking motor be... mines broke, i dont have a a problem about it but if its cheap ile fix it...

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Boot lock should be completely locked when vertical, then when turned left to the horizontal posistion should work with the central locking. Or if turned right 45 degrees from vertical and pressed in should unlock the boot without central locking.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.