Boot Mechanism Failing/Failed

geff

May 26, 2010
Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with the boot latch/mechanism on my Toledo MKIII.

I used to hear a mechanical whine when I pressed the boot latch (Seat Logo) and the boot would unlock. This always seemed to take a couple of goes as it was, it would half unlock with one press and then fully with another, but over the last couple of weeks it started to take maybe 3 presses of the latch before it would fully unlock. This week it's got progressively worse and yesterday wouldn't open at all. I'm pressing the latch in but I cannot hear the whine from the mechanism and the boot would unlock and open.

I'm quite happy to have a look at it but have no idea on 'A' how to get it open and 'B' actually get to the mechanism.

Is anyone able to help. Having a browse through other threads (Leon/Altea etc) it seems to be a common(ish) fault. Is the Toledo the same mechanism.

Is it fixable myself or should I take it to a dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Geff

Sir Monkfish

Look who's Torqueing
Apr 8, 2011
Sevenoaks, Kent
Pretty sure its the same mechanism as the Altea, saw a thread on the Altea section where a guy had fixed it himself by building up a plastic switch that had worn down using some araldite.

Personally I'd have a look myself before forking out at the stealers.

geff

May 26, 2010
Thanks very much, that does appear to be the same problem. I'll have a go at it this evening/weekend and report back how I get on.