Boot not opening

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, if so could someone be a darling and link it?

57’ leon, boot was temperamental when I bought it. Would have to stand for a couple minutes clicking the unlock button on the fob then it would open, sometimes first time.

Last week it’s finally give in and won’t open whatsoever, I’ve managed to pop it from inside and inspect the loom under the trim and traced it where water might have interfered but all seems good.

Any suggestions? A passer by that was amused by my frustration suggested a “wire in the drivers door or under the seat can cause it on those”. News to me if it sounds right to any of you guys maybe a point in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam_FR

Dec 15, 2018
I think it's a similar problem that affects the doors, where the factory lubrication dries up on the internals of the release mechanisms of internal door modules. I'm pretty sure they are fairly cheap and easy to replace the boot modules, but check you are getting power there first.

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
I think it's a similar problem that affects the doors, where the factory lubrication dries up on the internals of the release mechanisms of internal door modules. I'm pretty sure they are fairly cheap and easy to replace the boot modules, but check you are getting power there first.

Thanks for that, is that what’s in the picture I’ve attached?
dc36a36b6d66f858c0c61436cf21e7bf.jpg

Sam_FR

Dec 15, 2018
I think that's the rear wiper mechanism, the part you are looking for will be the bit that attaches to the catch on the car body that holds the boot closed. Its a relatively small piece, should be the only part visible when the the boot trim is in place.

jackbarraclough5196

May 23, 2019
Lancashire
I think that's the rear wiper mechanism, the part you are looking for will be the bit that attaches to the catch on the car body that holds the boot closed. Its a relatively small piece, should be the only part visible when the the boot trim is in place.

Ah, I’m with you need to take the bottom part off instead then, I’ll have a look but sounds like you could be right here. Thanks again mate I’ll update you.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.