Boot open light?

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Just a quickie...

Should the 'door open' light illuminate when the boot is open? On every other car i've owned it does, but not my Leon.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I don't have bluetooth and also don't have a boot open warning light.

I'm guessing it's the same as non-bluetooth cars not getting a cruise control light

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Mine doesn't work for the boot - I was driving along the other day and the boot lid was rattling, I pulled over and found it hadn't closed fully - no warning light on the dash though

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Mine doesn't work for the boot - I was driving along the other day and the boot lid was rattling, I pulled over and found it hadn't closed fully - no warning light on the dash though

This is what prompted my question. The girlfriend hadn't closed the boot properly, and I only realised when I got on to the motorway and the boot started rattling!

I have a 57 plate Cupra without bluetooth. It doesn't have a cruise control light either, so maybe the boot open switch is another thing they removed to save costs?

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
This is what prompted my question. The girlfriend hadn't closed the boot properly, and I only realised when I got on to the motorway and the boot started rattling!

I have a 57 plate Cupra without bluetooth. It doesn't have a cruise control light either, so maybe the boot open switch is another thing they removed to save costs?

exactly the same as mine! missing both!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I wouldnt say its a nice graphic , it doesnt really clearly show its open , just slightly more orange than the rest of the car.

works for me.
P1000916.jpg
P1000917.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members