boot problem

fossie

Jul 2, 2009
Right went to open the boot today, central locking works, could hear the motor in the boot but it wont open, the handle doesnt seem to 'pull' anything....
Tried turning the lock with the key and you can hear the boot motor turn slowly...

Now i need to get into the boot so i need some advice on;
1. What the hell the problem is
and
2. How the hell can i open the boot...

Kind regards
Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

fossie

Jul 2, 2009
Heres some pics of the problem...
I know that the pics aint great but basically the black plastic bit its meant to push down on the bronze metal plate when you lift the handle, its missing totally...............

CIMG0997.jpg

CIMG0996.jpg

fossie

Jul 2, 2009
Ive had a look at FAQ but cant seem to find the problem, looking at the others its seems that they had problems opening due to the rods coming loose, my aint even touching the rods when you try and open the boot

fossie

Jul 2, 2009
Basically where that rod clips onto, the brass part, that doesn't touch anything. Should it push against the black plastic bit on the side of it

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
From the rod it should be attatched to the black plastic then to the brass metal bit...

If i understand what your saying right then your black plastic bit isnt attatched to anything..

fossie

Jul 2, 2009
Lol sorry it's all attached correctly as per the picture. If you look at mine there's a black plastic thing that attaches to the handle. When you pull the handle it pushes down on the brass thing and opens the boot.

Basically I can move the rid and nothing happens cause that brass thing doesn't touch anything.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Sounds like somthing snapped off or has come out of place somwhere...have you tried taking the handle apart and having a look..?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.