Boot rattle i think

linton

hi guys as iam a newbie i am looking for some advice i own a leon cupra r and iam getting a rattle i think from somewhere near the boot area sounds to me like the trim around the tailgate but all seems tight :( but seems to get worse the faster you go :confused: anybody help me ?

thanx lee

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
best suggestion mate is to eliminate things from the equation- put the rear seats down and see if it still does it; take out tools from boot (under carpet) see if it still does it.

Keep doing it until it stops - then you know whats causing it. There are so many potential rattles in the leon (and most cars) its better to find out what it is, then go from there.

usual rattle are rear seats, suspension etc. Good luck in finding it - I have a similar rattle but I know where it is.

zorba_the_greek

The plate smashing Greek
May 22, 2005
North London
www.cliosport.net
linton said:
hi guys as iam a newbie i am looking for some advice i own a leon cupra r and iam getting a rattle i think from somewhere near the boot area sounds to me like the trim around the tailgate but all seems tight :( but seems to get worse the faster you go :confused: anybody help me ?

thanx lee

Mate i had the exact same problem on my 04 LCR!!!!

my mates could hear it as well when they would sit back

when i went for my service at watford SEAT i got the guy to take it out for a spin and the next i knew he had ordered the boot trim and the best thing of all! it didnt cost a penny. problem solved now :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.