Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

boot rattle?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by sykesytdi, May 28, 2008.

1. sykesytdi

sykesytdi Active Member

does anyone know how to cure the annoying boot rattle?? did a search but cant find anything:drunk:

2. Cammage

Cammage Turbo Time...

Its somthing to do with your SEAT badge on the back and the mechanism, mine does the same, like a tapping on metal ever so slighty.

3. wisejason

Aaahhhh... the never ending boot rattle!

Rattle when your going over the painted seed bump lines could be...

I had this and found that it was the 6 screws that held the boot lock in place where loose. Noticed it the other week when I open the boot the black plastic surround moved.

Sorted that rattle, but know a new one has appeared. Gonna leave it be, well until I get pissed off again!

4. DannyC87

DannyC87 Rubbing is Racing :-)

Mine used to rattle, but a have put a 10cm length of thick foam/rubber seal just infront of the lockin mech on the boot lid (so it compresses between the boot and rear lip when closed) result=rattle gone :D

5. wisejason

I was thinking of doing something similar so the rattle was absord. You saying that it's work for you has confirmed what I was thinking... I'm off to buy some foam.

Cheers.....:D

6. DannyC87

DannyC87 Rubbing is Racing :-)

look out for some thick stuff, mines about 10-15mm.. obviously compresses a fair bit tho.. i nicked it off my dad :D

7. AdamRoutley

AdamRoutley Use The Force!!

mine rattles like a snake with a hyper tail..but thats because of the sub. have deadened the boot door and it still rattled..so theres now two thick peices of kitchen roll folded up and sat where the boot shuts and thats stopped the boot rattle. but then came to realise that the rear buper rattles too :-S

8. wisejason

I think that it's simply a design flaw that shows up over time due the to firm ride.

9. R Power

R Power R Power

ahhh yes, boot rattle what a pain, i had 2 12" subs in my FR 150, could not stop the rattle!!! put in dynamat and that made no difference what so ever so i wouldn't recomend it. I have now bought a Cupra R 225bhp, gone from 2 subs to one sub, and suprisingly i have no more boot rattle!! so guys stick to one sub if you have any.

10. AdamRoutley

AdamRoutley Use The Force!!

i only have one sub ;)

11. jonnygfx

jonnygfx Guest