Boot release button on key

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
No need for the stoppers. I've got the adjustment over 1.5 year now and even with heavy snowfall the boot will open.
I had the stoppers in the beginning but one got damaged within a few weeks so I took them out and all is fine since then.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
stoppers just cost me £9 from vw and struts range between £17 - 39 depending how strong you want them

Thank you. Are they easy to install?

No need for the stoppers. I've got the adjustment over 1.5 year now and even with heavy snowfall the boot will open.
I had the stoppers in the beginning but one got damaged within a few weeks so I took them out and all is fine since then.

So you're only using the gas struts now?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Thank you. Are they easy to install?

So you're only using the gas struts now?

This is my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBAYk6Af3g

I have VW scirocco boot stops, dead easy to fit, get some grips, twist, old ones out, new ones in, twist, done!

also have Skoda Octavia gas struts, they are for the bootlid with spoiler version (more powerful and therefore push the boot up easier)

These two combined allow it to work pretty much every time now! Also they have loosened up a bit since new so the bootlid is easier to close than it was, but its still harder than your normal struts.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Think i need to add,

My struts were too powerful, and needed a nudge of an inch before flipping open. I pulled out eventually because i refered to my bootlid as a "self righting mechanism" if ever i flipped the car over! I beleive it can be done but id need about 500 quid to find the EXACT specification/combination of struts, bumpers and ball pins.

For some reason i got the same spec as other people but results differed. Excellent mod though!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.