Boot release handle thing

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Afternoon... again my neighbour has asked me (must get him to register himself!!!) about his Mk2 Leon.

His manual release on the boot (the seat symbol) doesn't gently sweep back into position (like mine on my Mk1) but you have to push it back in. Anyone else had this? Did it solve with WD or...?

Ta
Dave

m4nny

Sep 30, 2017
UK
Afternoon... again my neighbour has asked me (must get him to register himself!!!) about his Mk2 Leon.

His manual release on the boot (the seat symbol) doesn't gently sweep back into position (like mine on my Mk1) but you have to push it back in. Anyone else had this? Did it solve with WD or...?

Ta
Dave

An old post but if anyone else comes across any boot release issues, might be worth seeing this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmt6j13jts

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
The centre pin gets rusty and stops the handle from moving easily. I took mine apart, cleaned it up, shoved a bit of grease on it and it's been fine for about three years now

m4nny

Sep 30, 2017
UK
The centre pin gets rusty and stops the handle from moving easily. I took mine apart, cleaned it up, shoved a bit of grease on it and it's been fine for about three years now

Thanks for the addition :)

I am thinking of putting some high tension struts to make it an auto open mechanism :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.