Boot release programming by remote!!

FR-SteVo

Jan 19, 2014
Kent, Sittingbourne
Hi chaps,

i couldnt find this topic any where only everyone talks about the struts and the damn button!! which i got from local breakers yard for nothing. (no boot bump stoppers needed) so anyway..

I recently bought a seat leon cupra fr and now the remote central locking has failed tryed to get it reprogrammed but apparently it wont work again... hmm so now its gunna cost me £180 to get the new flip key (3 button) cut and programmed to car so i thought before that happens i want to get few extras in there like boot release and windows wing mirrors and activate the alarm sensors etc.

so i have set up the boot to auto open right up of a simple touch of a button inside the car by solonoid. Now the big question !! is there any way this solonoid can be programmed or modified by vag com to open boot by the remote? or maybe use the standard 2 wire (boot lock) wires? if not.. what do i need to buy! any info would be much appreciated as this is booked in this monday!:D

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
If you buy and program a 3 button remote, it will unlock the boot. Whether this opens the boot depends on your set-up

FR-SteVo

Jan 19, 2014
Kent, Sittingbourne
If you buy and program a 3 button remote, it will unlock the boot. Whether this opens the boot depends on your set-up

I've just had the 3 button remote done today but I know the boot button won't work because the technology isn't in the car yet I have it booked in next Thursday to try find an output source on the cars control module and see if there is a way to connect it to the solonoid I have installed in the boot. Doesn't look like no1 in the uk has done this yet so I will confirm all knowledge once it has been completed !!

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
I've just had the 3 button remote done today but I know the boot button won't work because the technology isn't in the car yet I have it booked in next Thursday to try find an output source on the cars control module and see if there is a way to connect it to the solonoid I have installed in the boot. Doesn't look like no1 in the uk has done this yet so I will confirm all knowledge once it has been completed !!

did you get anywhere with this mate?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members