boot spoiler

phils4926

Aug 4, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Hi does anyone know if tailgate spoiler is available for mk3 5 door seat leon fr 184 yet or when it will be available dealer that i bought car from got no idea. Thanks

Tony_fin

Nov 15, 2013
Finland
If you mean spoiler from aero dynamic kit, yes it is available. I will get my own fr next week with that one...

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I too also enquired about the spoiler in December and my dealer advised that rear spoiler not yet available but would let me know when it is, I will share info as soon as I'm told.

I know that the spoiler is available in Europe as in another thread somebody linked to an Accessories catalogue in Greece which had it. Tony, are you picking up you FR from UK? If so did you source the spoiler from your Supplying Dealer?

You can actually buy the spoiler from here if you want it now: http://www.oemvag.es/en/166-5f-2013
A decent site to buy genuine parts, I bought the RHD version of the gti/s3 pedals & chrome remote key cap from them.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I'd be interested in knowing when the spoiler will become available too.
Would you recommend getting the dealer to do it (I know they get a 3rd party bodyshop to do them anyway?) or find my own bodyshop?

I had a dealer do one on my Ibiza before delivery, Nevada White and they'd used an off-white sealant which looked crap. Found this odd as I'd never noticed any sealant on spoilers before, I know they're glued but it's not usually visible.

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I was thinking of going through dealer to negotiate a good deal on the spoiler seeing as I've just bought a new car from them ;)

That doesn't sound good with your last experience from a dealer, hope they fixed it for you? I suppose you can get some rubbish dealers, luck of the drawer depending where you live I guess.

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
I have had many chats with my dealer in the uk and they have signed off the body kits and placed the order so will be available early February apparently

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I'm getting one for all the issues I've had. I think it's at the bodyshop now ready for when my car goes in for the swirls.

Tony_fin

Nov 15, 2013
Finland
Car will come from Finnish dealer. Last time when I talked with him, he confirmed that all parts will be at time and installed, spoiler also. So we will see at Saturday :D I will post some pics then...

Tony_fin

Nov 15, 2013
Finland
Got call from dealer. No spoiler, no carbon dash trim and no rubber boot mat.. everything else should be fine, but let see :(

I really don´t understand why he did not call earlier for this kind of things. 24 hours before you should pick up your car is little bit late...

cmcc

Got call from dealer. No spoiler, no carbon dash trim and no rubber boot mat.. everything else should be fine, but let see :(

I really don´t understand why he did not call earlier for this kind of things. 24 hours before you should pick up your car is little bit late...

Must agree with that,maybe he was told from his source late on also, and to that point believed it would be installed for you.Diplomatic way of looking at it!

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Could I ask how much you guys are paying for the spiller?
I know the RRP is £299 and theres a supposed 10% off for booking online but even then £270 sounds a bit steep.

Tony_fin

Nov 15, 2013
Finland
Today I got finally email from my dealer, spoiler and dash carbon trim has arrived. I will go tomorrow pick them up. After that, I need to contact my painter friend and ask when he has time to get some color to spoiler :D

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I had the spoiler painted and fitted to my Ibiza for £180 in September 2012... (These now also cost £399!)

SEAT are taking the piss to increase the price of a spoiler by £100 every 6 months, at this rate of inflation if my next cars a SEAT the spoiler will cost £999 :lol:

Think I may have to give it a miss too, £299 was pushing it for me having paid £180 the previous time. A real shame as I do miss how the rear of the car looks with one.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I had the spoiler painted and fitted to my Ibiza for £180 in September 2012... (These now also cost £399!)

SEAT are taking the piss to increase the price of a spoiler by £100 every 6 months, at this rate of inflation if my next cars a SEAT the spoiler will cost £999 :lol:

Think I may have to give it a miss too, £299 was pushing it for me having paid £180 the previous time. A real shame as I do miss how the rear of the car looks with one.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Perhaps SEAT have pushed the spoiler price up to justify their asking price of £3999 for a full body kit!! ;)

gareth86

Oct 9, 2010
Kent
Damn I was actually going to consider it at £299 and even that was pushing it just for a rear spoiler... no thanks for £399 lol.

Tony_fin

Nov 15, 2013
Finland
h ttp://vonk.iki.fi/~tony/spoikka/kuva.jpg <-pic (remove space after h)

So this time I got it :) Going to take spoiler to painter couple weeks later. I will post pics after it is installed..

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
kuva.jpg
<-pic (remove space after h)

So this time I got it :) Going to take spoiler to painter couple weeks later. I will post pics after it is installed..

temp fix for picture

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members