Boot Struts

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Working perfectly now

Thanks for the help

No worries, when you close it either use both hands above the brake lights or if you're using the hand grip inside the boot it'll close if you pull it with enough welly. Takes some getting used to but don't do what I did and close it one handed in the middle as you'll end up with a palm print dent :)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Fitted today.

They had to go upside down because of the way the angled notch is on the opposite end to the originals, but they're working a treat!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Fitted today.

They had to go upside down because of the way the angled notch is on the opposite end to the originals, but they're working a treat!

Sorry I meant to add about possibly having to fit them other way up, depending on how the ends were fitted. Doesn't seem to cause a problem though.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Sorry I meant to add about possibly having to fit them other way up, depending on how the ends were fitted. Doesn't seem to cause a problem though.

I had read it somewhere and was scratching my head wondering why...but as soon as I put them up next to each other the notch was obvious and I worked it out!

Doesn't seem to cause me any issues either.

Cheers dude!:D

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I had read it somewhere and was scratching my head wondering why...but as soon as I put them up next to each other the notch was obvious and I worked it out!

Doesn't seem to cause me any issues either.

Cheers dude!:D
No problem, just don't forget about them or you risk a smack in the face ...:D

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
when removing both sides you will be able to lift higher and the new strut will fit.

I just had a pair of these struts turn up today and after struggling for about 20 minutes thought I had the wrong ones......Then I read this post and it took about 2 minutes to fit both!!!

Thank You!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members