Boot Stuck

Hoypolloi

Hi, Anybody had a problem with the boot being stuck? No probs last 6 months and then this morning boot refuses to open. All other doors opening ok. No joy even from console "unlock" button. Doesn't seem to be any sound from the boot lock when I try the keyfob. Any ideas? :confused:

GW

had one the same

My 04 plate 1.9 stylance started doing this, if I played with the handle it would eventualy open. The dealer said it needed adjusting as it was too tight for the electrical switch to release it.
Never got it fixed just bought a new 2.0 sport, i did mention they should fix it under warranty before it goes out again.

StuAlteaTDI

Hi there,
I had a similar problem back in the summer, if the boot was in direct sunlight the boot would not open, in the evening after the car had cooled it was fine again. Went to the stealers (after a couple of visits trying to recreate the scenario) and it was found to be a sticky actuator repaired under warranty.

Hoypolloi

Thanks for all the helpful messages. Dealer told me there is a slot in the lining above the lock latch (had to climb in the boot thru back seats) Car key fits it and you slide it across and it releases the lock. It did, but the boot still won't open. It just clicks up as if open but the lock is still stuck on the bottom catch. Have to take it into dealer now. If anything interesting happens i'll be sure to post info.

StuAlteaTDI

Sounds like what happened with mine. Hope you get it sorted it a real pain in the :ban: especially when coming back from shopping and wanting to load the boot with copious amounts of booze!

Hoypolloi

Hmm, Wife had car away for weekend came back with boot working! No sign now of any sticking. Actuator seems to trigger on and off. Problem solved, but don't know why or how!! Thanks again for all helpful messages

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.