Bored!!! Design a cold intake for the 1.4 chill?

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Would there *really* be any point to doing this? I'm off work all week because of an op on Monday. I'm supposed to be resting, but I can't just sit on my butt all day. So thought I could design a cold air intake, but what would this do to a car with such small BHP anyway? Comments? I really am bored. :(

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
have a trawl through for anything to do with m0rks famous SPT (**** pipe technology) I did do a feed on my old mk2 1.4 and it did make it sound a bit better (whether it freed any ponies is debatable )
I may even have a few piccy's of mine somewhere..

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I like it. Seen a few pictures. I was going to go for something... a little more subtle, like cutting a 2 in. dia. hole in either side of the airbox and sealing a similar sized pipe down to the floor. And maybe a cotton filter or two ;) lol. The STP looks promising though :) Suprised it's such an unknown art.

i need to buy a new airbox for my new 1.4 engine were fitting tomorow, the old one is full of oil from whhen the car blew up, my friend said just stick a KaN Airfilter on it but i usually find on small engine cars it makes them slower, then my friend sugested putting a cupra airbox on there wich he had knocking around anyway,

does anyone know if this would be a good idea?? anyone tried it??

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
i need to buy a new airbox for my new 1.4 engine were fitting tomorow, the old one is full of oil from whhen the car blew up, my friend said just stick a KaN Airfilter on it but i usually find on small engine cars it makes them slower, then my friend sugested putting a cupra airbox on there wich he had knocking around anyway,

does anyone know if this would be a good idea?? anyone tried it??

If its full of oil then clean it why buy a new one? They do come apart you know:blink:

ok i the end we ordered a new filter to go inside the origional airbox i had,

so far,

old engine is out, parts fitted from old engine onto new engine,

new cambelt, spark plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, engine oil, gearbox oil ordered and fitted,

new engine with new parts is being put back into the car as we speak,

im going to hopefully pick the car up tonight:whistle:

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland

so far,

new cambelt, spark plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, engine oil, gearbox oil ordered and fitted,

good stuff, hope it all works out! :D

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent

so far,

same as mate hope all goes well!

aj51 log

I am making an intake for my Chill to. I'm leaving the top cover on (the part with 1.4 MPI on it) but cutting a channel down the middle of the bottom half and out the side where the little trumpet sticks out. I am having a 90 degree hose coming off the throttle body, using steel pipe to the front of the engine bay, a 90 degree hose to turn left (looking at the car) a pipe into the corner with a cone filter on the end or I may pipe down over to create a cold air intake. Hose and pipe is ordered so I'll get some pics up of the result.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise