Both headlights stopped working....

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Both headlights not working this morning, sidelights, full beam and fogs all working.

I find it a bit odd that both headlights have gone at the same time. Fuses??

I think it's usually independant fuses (so that if one blows you are left without any headlights?)

If it's any consolation... mine both blew at exactly the same time earlier this year, I thought the same at first, but changed both bulbs and they have worked since.

[EDIT]
Must mention... mine were H4 dual filament, my dipped wasn't working in both bulbs, but the Hi beam was (on the same bulb)
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Yes they are! :D

Actually the main beam bulbs are easier to change than the sidelights. just wip the covers all the way out (make sure not to drop the clips down the engine) on the battery side you can dismantly the battery cover to give you an extra 5mm or so!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Simple answer - yep.

If you have small hands you'll be fine (aside from a couple of scrapes), otherwise prepare for a boring hour or so...

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Its in the stealers today for immob coding of my flip key (long story).

Ive got hands like tins of spam so bugger it, i will get them to do it and rip me off for the pleasure.

I would get the nublets at halfrauds to do it, but i kinda like my car better when its not on fire. ;)

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
All sorted now, took it to Francis seat in Leicester. New flip key fob immobiliser coded to car after i mashed the glass chip trying to get the one out of my valet key :lol:

New bulb in, and they sorted the issue i had with the elctric mirror back light not always working, loose cable.

56 quid all in. Not bad tbh.

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Im surprised half there employees can feed themselves tbh.

Considering i work for them i find that insulting.

Give me any car & arl change any bulb.

Cars with bigger engines usually are harder to fit bulbs due to lack of space, but not impossible!

Many newer cars have crappy plastic panels which have to be removed to change the bulbs.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Considering i work for them i find that insulting.

Give me any car & arl change any bulb.

Cars with bigger engines usually are harder to fit bulbs due to lack of space, but not impossible!

Many newer cars have crappy plastic panels which have to be removed to change the bulbs.

You must be in the other half then mate.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
No hes right, The majority of them are apes. However there are a few good eggs.
Should buy a set of HIDS ;)
Trust me... best thing I've done to the car, Second to a remap!

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
No hes right, The majority of them are apes. However there are a few good eggs.
Should buy a set of HIDS ;)
Trust me... best thing I've done to the car, Second to a remap!

Not really had much of a problem with the stock lights, they seem pretty damn good tbh. Next mod is gonna be ARB methinks. How much would be a good price for fitting?

Not going to bother with a remap until i renew insurance in july, then i will get beefier clutch and remap at the same time. Going to have to make do with 160bhp for iom trip ;)

Last edited:

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Trust me, You'll see the difference when we are on the isle of man!
If you can get a set of car ramps I'll help you with them its pretty easy to be honest, I remember roughly what to do.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.