BP 102 Ron fuel

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I was caught short today and had to stop at a BP garage for petrol and i was absoloutly shocked at the price of normal BP ultimate (97)

Normal unleaded 94.9p litre
BP ultimate 108.9p a litre

I mean 14p fu*kin difference:censored:

Needless to say i only put in a tenner and went to fill the rest up with optimax at 98.9p a litre

God knows how much this new stuff is going to cost but a 14p increase over standard 95 is bloody ridiculous:censored:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Just read its £2.42 per litre meaning it would cost about £135 to fill the car.

You'd have to be off your head

Last edited:

ice maiden

but read about the power gains, surely it would have to be worth doing at least once!!!!!

gazjones

maybe put 20 quid in and find out shgould be very responsive

ice maiden

be good for use at the pod though.....

with Nos there is the installation costs to take into account, and surely thats added stress to the engine as well?

ice maiden

bushybeaver said:
Shame it takes your ecu about 4 full tanks to adapt to a whooping 102 ron, now thats going to cost some bucks.
:scary: :scary: :scary:

wonder if they would notice the difference on the fuel card lol

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
you all might want to read this months performance ford as they test it on the Focus ST.

Basically if you pull up in your LCR and whack it in, you will se feck all difference, it needs to mapped to take advantage of the higher octane.

They do it in Maidstone, i saw it the other night.

Personally if you wanna do it just buy a bottle of octane booster

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
i dont know anyone who would be justified in paying 135 quid to fill up there car unless they are outta morons. who in the right mind is gonna pay that. ur better off getting some octane boosters with optimax!!

I seriously doubt 102 octane fuel would really make a cost efficent/justified performance difference.

bah to BP :p

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
bushybeaver said:
Shame it takes your ecu about 4 full tanks to adapt to a whooping 102 ron, now thats going to cost some bucks.

Not if you have Vag com ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.