BP Ultimate Diesel, Where???

woodyfr

What kind of success have your guys has of finding BP Ultimate diesel. You heat of the amazing affect it has but i can't find a BP station who stocks it in the west midlands area. At the moment I use Shell Diesel extra, is this any good compared to the rest?

wibbly

You should find it everywhere to be honest mate... I don't have any trouble finding it at any BP garage I go to.

If you're in Dudley there's a BP garage by the Pensnett Estate otherwise there's one in Halesowen (opposite the Audi garage)....

Not sure of the results - I like it, but others report mixed results :)

If you have TomTom sat nav you can download a BP points of interest to overlay on your maps....

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
I used to swear by it. If you search, I'm sure you'll find posts in the past where I've raved about it.

I'm more conservative in my opinion about it nowadays. Yes, it makes the engine sound slightly sweeter and it produces less smoke. And I thought it made it pull better - but I now think I was mistaken.

Trouble is, these engines love to be given a thrashing and hate to be driven gently. I find that a few days of being stuck in traffic jams makes the engine feel slightly less responsive, and just one or two full-throttle runs up to high revs restores the proper feel of the engine. I now believe that the perceived performance improvement when I put BP Ultimate in my tank was entirely down to this effect and not the fuel at all - after filling up I'd naturally want to see if there was an improvement, so I'd do a few hard full throttle runs to see if there was a difference. Sure enough, there was a difference after I'd done that, but only because the engine loves to be treated like that!

Nowadays, I'm back to ordinary fuel (Shell, because it's convenient), with Millers Diesel Sport 4. That combination is cheaper than BP Ultimate, and it is at least as good.

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I fill up with Diesel Extra 90% of the time, but have used Ultimate for a couple of tanks .... and it made no difference. At all. Apart from costing me £3 more per tank (Passat PD130 hi-torque)

In the last 4 years I've tried everything from Rix 5% bio to Tesco to Asda to Diesel Extra to Ultimate to Esso Energy, plus additives including Stanadyne Performance Formula and Eolys catalyst ..... and NONE have made ANY repeatable, measurable difference to performance or economy that couldn't be explained by ambient temperature etc.

I sometimes thought I could feel a difference -- but the calculator and stopwatch said no.

my car pulled 180bph on the dyno with that in, but i dont have a normal diesel run to compare it too. I use it when i can find it just for the fact it produces less smoke and that means less soot etc. The car definatly pulls very well on it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members