BP ultimate diesel

FRdan

hi,i was at the pumps and decided to put BP ultimate in my PD 150 Leon.has anybody had any good results from it because its very dear at £1.16 a litre?

thanks

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
I just use normal diesel and put a dose of millers in.

I used Shell Vmax in my old petrol car and thought I got better MPG, but this was offset by the higher cost.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I just use normal diesel and put a dose of millers in.

I used Shell Vmax in my old petrol car and thought I got better MPG, but this was offset by the higher cost.

Absolutely, but at the end of the day, you're putting in much better, cleaner fuel, and your engine will thank you for it :D

FRdan

I used to use the higher octane petrol in my type-r,i noticed the difference in that.

I just wondered if anybody had used the higher spec diesal for a long length of time and got possitive results?

hop2manual42

normal diesel works out cheaper in the long run by loads. they reckon u get an extra 28 miles on average out of a tank of fuel, but the tank cost about £8 extra to fill. so if you were using normal diesel and saved the £8 towards the next tank you would actually be better on your pocket :) as for performance there is practically no difference, about 1mph really not worth it.

dribbler

Aug 12, 2007
Hi, Have tried every brand of diesel in the past two years of owning my Tdi Toledo(put 50k on the clock), and guess what came out best for smoothness,price and economy? Tesco's!Tried every addative as well,the one I found the best(MPG) but cost prohibitive was Redex diesel? £3-90 a bottle for two tank fulls. Maybe worth chucking in every 3 months to keep the system clean?

Regards

Dribbler

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
In my opinion, generally its more of a longevity thing. Yeah there are small imediate gains, more so if your running a highy tuned set-up, but long term you'l benefit as your internals will be much cleaner and efficient.
if you've had a map and induction, and are running a high spec setup you need to put millers or v powr in. Trust me

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Its been proven that BP Ultimate and V-power can gain you upto 6bhp than supermarket fuels. I am not a fan is doing the supermarket fuel + millers doses as I just dont think it works as well if you just stick with a premium fuel. I found BP Ultimate to smoke less than V-Power however I think my car feels more powerful on v-power.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
£8 a tank? it works out at about a quid extra every 15liters put in.60 litres an extra £4 put in there or there abouts.i put v-power diesel in me grandmas gold tdi (130) and it much better,miles more responsive and alot quieter aswell.

FRdan

My personal opinion i have tryed and tested these premium fuels and i dint notice any difference at all sound,performance anything.and ended up with less mpg-because my mind automatically thought the car was faster therefore right foot was heavier.

Yes i can understand if the cars mapped or is spec'd for that fuel the gains will be noticable.All fuel is made to a high standard in this country.For that extra money ur putting in the tank you could put the extra in the bank and spend it on a proper performance upgrade i.e turbo,injectors,remap,de-cat.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Shell Standard Diesel plus one shot of Millers for me. Works better than any premium fuel i've tried.

Suppose you just go with what works best for your situation.

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Shell Standard Diesel plus one shot of Millers for me. Works better than any premium fuel i've tried.

Suppose you just go with what works best for your situation.

Ditto. Seem to have settled on Shell standard diesel extra plus double dose of Millers.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Same, shell normal with a splash of millers and every 4 fills i'll give it a double dose (if i remember)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members