BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax

Ibizacupra09

What do you guys run your Cupra's and Boc's on?

I've been running my Cupra on BP Ultimate and am v happy with the performance etc from it but was just wondering what the general concensus was.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm the same, my fuel brand is more dictated by access rather than preference!

I've got a tankful of Esso Ultimate (?) at the moment, first time I've tried it. It's pretty good stuff as it turns out!

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Any of the premium fuels, cant see their being much in it. Also depends on where i am at the time, special trips to certain petrol stations defeats the object of trying to drive economical.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I'm a Shell Optimax fan myself, I noticed a difference between this 99 RON beauty and 97 RON Esso Ultimate.

ED

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm a Shell Optimax fan myself, I noticed a difference between this 99 RON beauty and 97 RON Esso Ultimate.

ED

I do go for Shell when I can, but unfortunately it's either BP or supermarket fuel in my immediate vicinity! I was quite happy to be in a place at the right time to give the Esso a go.

And as Danny said, using fuel to go somewhere special can defeat the point of having it.

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
just an idea.. buy a bottle of millers or equivalent and keep it in your boot / spare wheel compartment, should you come unstuck and find..
A. local optimax / ultimate has run out, or
B. your miles from anywhere with decent fuel.

some places in the UK are living in the stone age with regards to fuel quality.. :(

thats what i do anyway :)