bp ultimate

mrk

May 4, 2007
never really rated the higher priced fuels but just filled up with a full tank of ultimate and my engine is sooo much quiter especially when cold

not sure about performance but the noise level change was good

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
I work for BP funny enough, you should experience some performance gain ( according to BP anyway ), I used to use Ulmate until the prices went through the roof and I certainly noticed the engines was smoother and more responsive.

Toledo_stew

Never tried it as it cost £1.13 per litre at my local petrol station, i heard your supposed to get another 30 - 40 miles per tank out of it though. not sure if i have had my leg pulled ???

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I'd been running mine on Ultimate for nearly a year on Ultimate and when the prices went over £1.10 i couldnt be bothered with it. Filled up with Sainsbury's City diesel and I was shocked how much the car played up! You could feel the whole car juddering on tick over - literally feel the car moving with the tickover of the engine! Plus the pump clicked out several times to say my tank was full. Got in the car and it was 3/4 full! It must have frothed up or something!

Needless to say - back on Ultimate or Shell Optimax! :D

tony19b

Apr 12, 2007
Lancashire
I'm also an Ultimate fan, having used it for nearly 3 years in my 110 TDI, with the odd exception. I too got fed up of the high price and tried some Shell extra - big mistake, sounded like one of those old Transit York diesels! Shell V-power seems to give similar performance to the Ultimate but with more noise. So it's take a deep breath and back to the BP.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
I'd been running mine on Ultimate for nearly a year on Ultimate and when the prices went over £1.10 i couldnt be bothered with it. Filled up with Sainsbury's City diesel and I was shocked how much the car played up! You could feel the whole car juddering on tick over - literally feel the car moving with the tickover of the engine! Plus the pump clicked out several times to say my tank was full. Got in the car and it was 3/4 full! It must have frothed up or something!

Needless to say - back on Ultimate or Shell Optimax! :D

has done that to me a few times, i could only manage about 20ltr one time, i've complained before to them but they weren't interested, definitely a foam problem of some sort, it's happened to me whenever i've been using something else previously for a while (a few tankfulls) and then gone for the Sainsbury stuff, it seems to me that if you use it all the time then there's hardly any foam problem.

Deleted member 19188

I got 42 litres in my tank tonight (and it was only 3/4 empty) of Shell V-Power diesel - 113.9 a litre, so I'll see if I can see any difference (car was only mapped on Wednesday, so the goal-posts have been moved somewhat !!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members