Brad's Platinum Grey Revo Stage 2 Leon Cupra R

What colour hoses should i do

• Purple hoses

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Black hoses

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

brad1

Right, thought id post this up, just to be 100% sure lol, looking at this, my car is standard right, i started the log at 3000rpm in 3rd and went right through until the end of 4th. If my calculations are correct, highest g's which was 177, you times by 1.3 right?? I ended up with 232bhp. The reason i am doing this is because i am dead even with strugers1 240bhp tdi leon and my mates 245bhp ibiza tdi, my mate in the ibiza had a passenger tho. Both of them are convinced its mapped, so are other people, but the log below and standard boost at 14psi proves its standard and i know its standard :)
Does the car look to be running well from the log??

forumlog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
airflow looks low for a lcr mate, maybe ok for standard but not mapped, most mapped lcr pull 200 plus g/s

can you log any other blocks?

brad1

The log was put up just to be 100% it is standard, i know it's standard, just wanted someone else to confirm, I'm going to get it mapped in the next couple of months :)

brad1

Today i recieved my green cotton twister air filter from andylcr of here, paid for tuesday evening and arrived first thing this morning, thank you matey :) I got it fitted and took it out for a drive and it just sounds awesome, ill get a log up in a bit to see if it pulls more g's than the standard airbox. With the standard airbox, i pulled 178.61 g's, hopefully i pulls more with the green cotton on :) D.K has got the job this weekend of polishing up my inlet manifold and the new filter too :)

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

brad1

Looks like a monster! Are you getting a new TIP soon?

Yeah mate, T.I.P is next on the list, D.K will also have the pleasure of helping me fit it too lol. Im still undecided, purple or black hoses. People have said dont be boring and go black, but im not sure if purple will stand out too much?? Mmmmm lol

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
I've got one to go on but looked at fitting it and thought 'nah'! Lol! :D Going to get AmD to do and get them to look at my lop sided suspension.

Depends what you want mate, if you get black it's going to look OEM. I've never seen purple so would be a change. Can you get all the various hoses in purple?

At the end of the day you shouldn't worry about what everyone else thinks, a man's car is personal to him. I'm personally going down the red route, mainly because my AmD CAI is carbon fibre with red joiners and I want everything to match (as close as).

brad1

Very true mate. I am tempted by purple, i might give samco or sfs a email and get them to send me a picture of the purple T.I.P etc, just so i can see how bright the purple is. Forge dont do purple, i think the only companies who do the various colours are samco and sfs performance.

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
I was hoping to get mine fitted tomorrow afternoon but don't think I'll get the time off so was going to go first thing Saturday morning. Fancy a run over there Brad?

brad1

I was hoping to get mine fitted tomorrow afternoon but don't think I'll get the time off so was going to go first thing Saturday morning. Fancy a run over there Brad?

You will need to book it in mate if you aint already ;) I may pop over there, ill see how busy i am in the morning as im going D.K's in the afternoon for some more polishy polishy :)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Very true mate. I am tempted by purple, i might give samco or sfs a email and get them to send me a picture of the purple T.I.P etc, just so i can see how bright the purple is. Forge dont do purple, i think the only companies who do the various colours are samco and sfs performance.

colour samples

Have a look at the link mate.

I just think different colour hoses are one way to stand out from the crowd, as most LCR owners do pretty much the same mods. At the end of the day though, its got to be your choice, and only go for purple if your sure!

brad1

Mmmmm i liking the look of purple now :cheeky: how much did your yellow T.I.P and top boost hoses cost you mate?? Were they from sfs performance too??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise