Brad's Platinum Grey Revo Stage 2 Leon Cupra R

What colour hoses should i do

• Purple hoses

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Black hoses

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

brad1

Doesnt sound good mate, hope no damage has been done to the head or need the gasket doing.

I hope so mate, i phoned AmD this morning and aslong as i keep it low revs, it should be fine. But its going to be used as less as possible till thursday now

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
That's the water pump gone 100% mine done the same thing ages ago had the cam belt and water pump done at the same time ,they got those R pins on e bay 2 quid , oh and swear I read ur getting a Amd fail map I must have miss read it no one is that gay altho you did own a diesel wanting to be a cupra r so maybe you are lol , ur gunna make less power with ur map lol

brad1

Yes it is the waterpump gone, exact symptoms that other people have had. It was booked in this Thursday to have it done, but as it's gone unexpected, AmD have been so kind and told me to drop it off Monday to have it done. And what's the problem with AmD maps?? They ain't fail and I'm pretty sure alot of people will disagree that they are fail. I am undecided yet, either AmD or revo, but time will tell. Because i had a cupra R kit on my diesel, does that make me gay?? Plenty of people have done it, jonjay, strugers1 etc. Also the FR+ diesel comes with the cupra R bodykit so that must make the owners of them gay too?? I think not!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

I thought AMD maps were good?

Atleast they dont misfire like the revo maps do on mk2 cupras :lol:

brad1

I thought AMD maps were good?

Atleast they dont misfire like the revo maps do on mk2 cupras :lol:

Yeah they are good mate, just some people who use other companies like to slate other ones down. Roll on Monday :D

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
That's the water pump gone 100% mine done the same thing ages ago had the cam belt and water pump done at the same time ,they got those R pins on e bay 2 quid , oh and swear I read ur getting a Amd fail map I must have miss read it no one is that gay altho you did own a diesel wanting to be a cupra r so maybe you are lol , ur gunna make less power with ur map lol

talking of fail.........:wtf:

brad1

Well i got my car to AmD this morning to have the cambelt and shagged waterpump changed for a metal one :) AmD have been great in letting me take the car in today to have it done at such short notice. Nick from AmD uploaded the picture of the waterpump up onto facebook, heres the cause of my overheating problem. Also while they are doing the cambelt and waterpump, im having a uprated DBM fitted aswell :)
waterpump.jpg

brad1

Yep, that gets my diagnosis off " Its Fcuked" :lol: On a serious note glad no damage has been done.

Well i hope no damage has been done, its not been used since it started over heating, i drove it to AmD this morning and everytime the temperature crept up, i pulled over or cruised along in neutral to let it cool down

brad1

Well got my car back from AmD today, new metal waterpump and cambelt change been done, i also got them to put a uprated dog bone mount on while they was at it. Then i also had the revo trial software put on, what a difference it makes, just makes me want remap power now :D

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Liking the car mate, engine bay looks cool i was thinking bout doing the same on the covers. So simple but yet soeffective, fancy doin mine with me lol. Good work n the car though mate

brad1

Cheers mate, yeah the covers did come out quite well, they are only tempory tho mate until i get my carbon fibre ones :D

Jul 4, 2006
Maidstone,Kent
Cheers mate, yeah the covers did come out quite well, they are only tempory tho mate until i get my carbon fibre ones :D

Oh I see. I can't justify spending that much money on them. Ithink they look nice how you have done them. Do the batterry cover etc and your hoses and it will look sweet. May have to get doin mine soon

brad1

I'm getting the carbon covers at mates rates so not paying the OTT forge prices for them lol. I'll be spraying the battery cover gloss black when the weather brightens up a little as the engine bay just gets so filthy at the moment. But yeah it should look good mate, you should do yours, it's cheap to do and looks very effective ;)

brad1

Afraid not mate :p hehe. Yeah get tarting it up, will look 100 times better :D

brad1

D.K done mine for me, he just used a pressure washer, it was only a quick job tho. I think the best way is hot soapy water and clean everything done with a sponge. Then jetwash it done. Then dry off obviously lol. Make sure you leave the engine running aswell, that's what I was told :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.