Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Anyone fitted Mintex brake discs & pads front & rear ? :think: :help:
Reason I'm asking is I've seen them and I do fancy a bit of Mintex

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
I tried Mintex Pads on my LCR and they were rubbish.

Buy original or Ferredo DS2500's. These are the best all rounders.

Not the cheapest - But when you slam the brakes at high speed - You really do need the car to stop :)

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
Unless you're ragging around a track, on and off the brakes all the time surely Mintex are up to the job on any car?

Ive had them on my past cars and been fine.... but then again, im no brake pad expert...

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Unless you're ragging around a track, on and off the brakes all the time surely Mintex are up to the job on any car?

Ive had them on my past cars and been fine.... but then again, im no brake pad expert...

LCR is not 'any' car ;)

....but trust me - I have tried and tested these. Just not worth buying cheap parts when you drive a performance car.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
See as cars get faster in general I start to think maybe the LCR is almost, any car and not the mad performance beast we sometimes think.

But then I get in and have a drive and think maybe the mountains of stats I read in reviews of new cars aren't felt the same as in the LCR.

JamJay

California Bound
The OP doesn't have an LCR or maybe not even a remapped FR so perhaps what I am going to say won't be relevant but there's one thing I know for certain, I would never have cheap brakes in a remapped car or anything less than what the manufacturer installed as standard.

There's one rule that covers every car though, when it comes to brakes/saving yours or anyone elses life, you can't cut corners...just the same as tyres!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
The OP doesn't have an LCR or maybe not even a remapped FR so perhaps what I am going to say won't be relevant but there's one thing I know for certain, I would never have cheap brakes in a remapped car or anything less than what the manufacturer installed as standard.

There's one rule that covers every car though, when it comes to brakes/saving yours or anyone elses life, you can't cut corners...just the same as tyres!

I agree completely.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I tried Mintex pads on my LCR. One disintegrated (explosive style) under hard braking.. Lesson learnt.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Before was 174 and after is 210 bhp......& I always thought I had the standard 180 before, suppose it's like a bike being a 748 but they call it 750 cc
Nothing alse for performance only the usual "trinkets".....skoda rear wiper, smoked side repeaters, front splitter oh & a forge 007dv. When I took it they did say how good nick it was in for a '04. Got a new fuel filter fitted too while they were at it as I couldnt be ar*ed !!

You any extra's fitted ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.