Brake fitment

Feb 26, 2009
London
they should fit, if you go to amdessex's website the sell it for mk5 GTI and it sais 18'' are minimum so if you have them laready you should be good to go, but honestly do you really need so big breaks ? unless you use car on track you will do fine with 4 pot conversion.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
they have turned up cheap second hand and are cheaper that upgrading to 4 pots, also i am planning on racing my car this year so need more stopping power. thanks for your reply mate

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
dont you worry Willie, i was wondering if you could put the standard callipers on the rear if i put the rs4's on the front or is that just a stupid idea

Feb 26, 2009
London
they most be real bargain then, I got my 4 pot brembos on ebay, brand new for unber £800. But since you're planning to race it it's good idea to get rs4's ones, other good option is ECS Stage 5 Kit, but it's hard to find second hand

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Too much braking for the rear, you would end up swapping ends.

Gimme a shout if you do go the RS4 route as my Audi could do with better brakes and 345mm ones would fit nicely behind my alloys:)

Feb 26, 2009
London
for what you get £1200 is really good I don't think there's anything else that gets close to that. ECS cost about £1500 brand new, Awesome sells them but I saw it cheaper somewhere else. Every now and then there's Porsche kit on ebay, that's 6 pot though.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah i just like the look of these as they already come with the fitting kit and i think they will look the buisiness behind my wheels.

if you find anything else PREZF give me a shout mate

cheers

Feb 26, 2009
London
I'll keep my eyes open mate :) But it's true the RS4 setup is sick, probably one of the best on the market

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I say they will, as the ET45 fitment of my PR1.2's clear my AP's easily. If you have any trouble, just fit a spacer.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
what make are they willie, where did you but them. The only problem for MK2 leons is 2 peice discs are still unavailible to my knowledge so cant really upgrade the standard setup so that is why i am looking at other ideas.

dont get me wrong i think the standard brakes are great but not with the extra power i am going to be putting through them, i also find the standard brakes fade to fast and if i am tracing my car then i need continuity in my braking

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Has anyone actually looked in to getting 2 piece discs for the MK2 Leon / S3 / R32 brakes yet? This is the option I am going for now having sold my Brembo's there yesterday.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.