1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Brake Fitting questions-Bedding in DS2500's advise

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by Rich_j_Williams, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Rich_j_Williams

Rich_j_Williams Active Member

Firstly,

Brakes arrived today so thanks bill, they actually came yesterday but nobody was there to recieve them..lol

anyway, i plan to fit them this evening if possible, just a couple of questions:

1 - I have read about people bedding in there brakes when fitting, what is the proceedure for this: i.e light braking for xx miles??

2 - Whats the best way to change over the fluid? pump through each caliper refilling the fluid till new stuff comes through?

3 - is there a best method for bleeding the brakes up??

i have about two three hours, you reckon that will be sufficient?

will let everyone know how i get on and my opinions etc etc

thanks again bill

cheers

rich

#1 Rich_j_Williams, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

Bedding in DS2500's
    Ideally new disks & pads @ same time.
    1) Drive to 40-50mph and lightly brake to a near stop 3 times and continue driving for a few minutes to allow air to cool..

2) Drive to 40-50mph and slight more pedal pressure & brake to a near stop 3 times and continue driving for a few minutes to allow air to cool..

3) Drive to 60-70mph and brake heavily with high pedal pressure & brake to a near stop 3 times and continue driving for a few minutes to allow air to cool..

after diring it about, stop and inspect disks for an even wear on the surface. They me be smoking after the 3rd stage, ideally you should drive around so they can cool down.

If the disk face is still looking uneven wear, then repeat the above one more time.

job done.
    :D

Pressure bleed or Vacuum bleed ONLY!
    Do not pump out with the brake pedal as you risk damaging the master cylinder seal which will then require a new one.

2-3 hours DIY should be plenty.

It took me just over 2 hours last week to bleed up a dry EVO VII's brembos all round. Had to do it twice to get a pedal firm.

you bleed out old preogressively from the calipers and top up with new, Never allowing the resevoir to get low at any time.
    2-3 bottles of motul is what it usually takes me

3. Rich_j_Williams

what do you mean, pressure or vaccum blead??

cheers

rich

4. Rich_j_Williams

hello bill

these are all fitted and bedded in and are awsome!!! very very happy!!

i followed your bedding in process and it improved them but they have been slowley getting better and better over the past few days and today i gave them propper test and........ **** me i think i gave my missus whip lash..lol

got a pressure bleeder from halfrauds and am going to change the fluid tomorrow.

thanks for all the advice and the quick service

5. AlexGSi2000

Followed your advice Bill, I crapped myself after the third stage as I forgot you said they should smoke... Thought I was getting fluid over the discs, was almost crying! lol

I got an ezbleed kit of ebay for £15, worked a treat!

6. hark

hark Guest

Cheers for the guide.

Will try it out. Was just doing light braking, didn't realise I could do it quickly. Haven't changed disks as they have loads left.